We are releasing system software version 8.20 for the Forerunner 945.
Software Version 8.20 Change Log
- New HIIT activity. Workouts can be downloaded from Garmin Connect.
- New bike activities, including eBike, eMTB, Cyclocross, Gravel Bike, Bike Commute, Bike Tour, and Road Bike.
- New Tennis activity.
- New Snowshoe activity.
- Updates to Daily Suggested Workouts. Includes some updated descriptions and a more gradual base run buildup.
- Updates to Garmin Pay.
- Update the altimeter’s auto calibration to be either “On” or “Nightly”. Setting to “On” will calibrate at night, activity start, and continuously during activities. Setting to “Nightly” will calibrate only at night. For more on calibration see: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=bq8ukuBFY02hCQVUueiH56
- Add a setting to enable/disable workout audio prompts. In the menu see Audio Prompts > Workout Alerts.
- Add a setting to enable/disable activity recording during a golf round. Highlight the Golf activity, then see Golf Settings > Record Activity.
- Allow the lap key to advance workouts to the next step regardless of the lap key setting.
- Improvements to the resting heart rate algorithm.
- Minor SpO2 updates to improve messaging.
- Populate stress with a chest strap if available in Breathwork and Yoga.
- Fix an issue that could cause interference with Firstbeat driven metrics like Body Battery, VO2 Max, and Intensity Minutes.
- Fix an issue that could cause a smart trainer connection to interfere with pace from a foot pod.
- Fix an issue that could temporarily prevent temperature and altitude readings after a pool swim activity.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Updates can be installed through Garmin Express or the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
This update is LIVE as of 10:40AM CST.