This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endurance horseriding and health stats

Sadly there is no Horseriding activity on my Garmin 945? I use the watch for long-distance training and competition (Endurance races). A training is often around 30km, a competition (for me) is between 40km and 100km. For my health stats & analysis, the watch of course does not understand this correctly... I am certainly exerting myself, average heartrate is at 135 during 3 hours for instance -- but proud as I may be at the end of the day, I have not personally run the distance, the horse really has done most of the work. So sadly my Garmin does not I think correctly calculate the influence for my health. Just as 40 km running is not the same as 40 km cycling, so 40 km horseriding should have its own category.

I know there are Horseriding apps in the store, but I don't think they fix the problem above?

• What profile you are using?

If you would use some non-running, non-cycling, like just create your own from Other, I don't think it will then calculate it any other way than based on your heart rate.

• Your fitness stats and training impact would be monitored well with recording it as a an Other, Cardio, or even E-Bike would also be good.  I believe OTHER should still give you a result for Aerobic Training Effect, Training Load, etc. 

Garmin doesn't use your speed to effect any of the metrics when in Bike mode, Hike, Other, etc... so the training load, recovery, etc should work just fine.

Doesn't make sense for Garmin to have an activity profile created for every single type of use someone has thought of.  Especially when they have an option to create a Custom Acitivity type, copy profile, etc. 
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner945/EN-US/GUID-7B574BD8-05BB-410D-9A2A-7646D0B037B6.html