This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

7.20 & Jaybird Vista

I tried outside an activity two times with the new firmware 7.20 and the issue seemed solved. It functioned without disconnection for many hours.

Today i tried in running for the first time , but after 15 minutes it disconnected. I connected again, but after 5 minutes it disconnected again. Maybe the issue is solved outside the activity, but it persists during the activity.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Same here. It drops out after aprox 12-15 min. But it did that with the prevous versions too. So they havent fixed it. 

• Same for me. Was happy with one run, and on the next it failed again :/

• Just received a pair of Vista 2s - I'll test connectivity and report back. I constantly had problems with the original Vistas so will be interesting to see if the new ones are any better - even though I know it's Garmin's problem rather than Jaybird's. 

• I just ordered the Vista 2 s as well. If these dont stay connected I may just ditch Garmin. This is beyond ridiculous. They arent fixing it.

• If these dont stay connected I may just ditch Garmin.

I'm sorry, I understand your frustration, but I find this comment comical.  There are hundreds of brands of headphones that connect to Garmin watches without problems. Grant it, Jaybird Vista's have the biggest problem listed across these forums for every Garmin watch that has the capability to connect to headphones. Do you see the common denominator here?  Anyway, I find it comical that one puts more value on a set of headphones over their 945 where the 945 is the item that gets ditched before the accessory if they don't work together.  One has to shop for a watch that works with their headphones and not the other way around. Priorities right? 

• Glad you're amused.

• What an odd way to look at it ? I would have thought a company as large as Garmin could fix what surely is a software issue? If you talking priorities then maybe Garmin dont have the correct priorities, or maybe they should issue a release stating DO NOT BUY Jaybirds as we cant work out how to connect to them.

The onus should not be on the customer to search the market for compatible headphones, hoping they get the correct ones. Logitech has been around for a long time and Garmin should ensure they work with all the major players.

• or maybe they should issue a release stating DO NOT BUY Jaybirds as we cant work out how to connect to them.

Perhaps Jaybird should also issue a release stating DO NOT Buy Garmin watches as we cannot work out how to connect to them reliably?

Garmin do provide some information about headphone compatibility - Bluetooth Headphone Compatibility

There is also this list put together by a Garmin user - Headphones with Garmin Watches

• I am able to successfully use my Jaybird Vista on my FR 945 by using the watch firmware version 6.20.

When I initially updated to 7.20 I had the issues other people mentioned (disconnecting after 5-15 minutes into my run). I successfully rolled back the software to 6.20 and I have been able to use the Jaybird ever since. I also disabled automatic software updates on the watch ever since.

vTo rollback the software:

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
    2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_685Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
    3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
    4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-620.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-620.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

If needed, I can provide a copy of Forerunner945_685Beta.zip / GUPDATE-620.GCD but it's probably possible to find it on Google.

• That's great to hear it is working for you. Now hopefully Garmin will be able to compare the two FM versions to find out what they have done wrong so it can be fixed in their latest FM version.