This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Forerunner 945 support other asian languages only for Smart Notifications

Does Forerunner 945 support other asian languages only for Smart Notification?

I am using Fenix 6 Saphire and it seems like they don't even bother to update these features although Venu 1 and VIvoactive 4 has updated in recent updates

Will garmin ever include these like venu or vivoactive 4 in recent updates?

• Added support for Thai, Armenian, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese characters on smart notifications and music titles.

We are in mid 2021 and it seems like these updates should have been done long time ago in any smart watches as many Garmin users are not sticking with one language.......

I bought a fenix 6 Saphire recently and I am quite surprised these are not supported yet

I was wondering if Forerunner 945 supports showing other languages for smart notifications? I will swap the watch to Forerunner 945 if this feature is working

Thanks

Vic

• I am using the Garmin 945 and would need Japanese and Chinese fonts, but unfortunately bought the watch in Germany and hence only get faulty messages for everything written in these languages. Trying to update language in Garmin Express is also useless, as it shows "there are no additional language files availble to install." We have 2022 and Garmin is still struggling with character encoding!?

• Forerunner 945 bought in Poland - no Chinese and Korean font available for notifications