This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 battery drain after 7. 10 (7.20 included), 8 % down during 6 hours sleep

After 7.10 update battery life of Garmin 945 decreased to 50 - 70 % (2-3 days from 4-5 before). 7.20 have not brought any improvements, still down 8 % per 6 hours of sleep and significantly more during the day. Any possibility to fix this bug? I `d rather have more days without charger than slightly nicer graph of sleep.

I tried all typical solutions (restarts, checked settings of gps, pulseOX etc.)

• I'm actually not sure whether this is a bug. Advanced sleep metrics are calculated on the watch, which means that power is consumed for processing the data, rather than only capturing data in the previous versions of the software. Perhaps there is a possibility to disable advanced sleep tracking?

• 8 hours of sleep and 2% battery in 7.2

• The average consumption at rest is about 0.3% per hour, for a 1.5 hour run with only GPS, music, heart rate monitor, foot pod and RDP it consumed 10% in line with the previous official version, I never try the betas. The sleep on me works very well, yesterday it reported me that I did not sleep well due to the effort of running, in fact my legs were hurting, also a message comes out on the first screen of the widget to warn you, this morning popup that I speeded up the recovery after restful sleep. Perfect!

• I have the same issue. Battery is awful after the update. It seems like I returned to Apple Watch. Charging every two days.

• for me avarage consumption after 7.2 is ~0.7%/h with pulseox only during night. thats around double than before without changing any settings. no idea if this is only the onwatch sleep calculation. the 0.3% of Luca sound a lot better and similar to my old values. no idea what makes the difference.

• I fully charged my watch yesterday morning. This morning it is almost dead.  A few weeks ago, I chatted with Garmin about my battery issues, and they said that there would be a software update coming out soon to fix the issue of battery drain, and that I would get an email letting me know that the update was available. The person was unable to give me a time frame for soon.  Then 7.20 came out, and I thought that might fix it, but it has only gotten worse.

• I finde it quite strange that it differs from watch to watch. I, for example, haven't experienced any dramatic drain of battery so far with 6.85 or 7.20. Would be nice to know why that is.

• When I chatted with them, they needed the serial number, and by the way they responded, it seemed as though I was one of many, so it made me think that there is a bad batch.

• I got no higher battery drain in 7.20. Everything works perfectly. Very happy with the new sleep detection.

I have had several battery drain issues in the past which could either be solved by a soft reset (long press power button) or deinstallation of certain skins which updated some stats too often (I also avoid skins which show seconds for the time).

I would check for those things.

• I'm having the same high-drain problem but also more serious problems with GPS location since this update. I've tried restarting, GPS soaks, syncs with Connect and Express, and combinations of those things but it is taking at least 20 mins to find GPS outside, and often over an hour. Anyone else?