- For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected] Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.85:
- Added sleep tracking widget with sleep score and insights by Firstbeat AnalyticsTM.
- Added the ability to rate the perceived effort and feel of a Run, Bike, or Swim activity. The prompts appear during activity save. Go to [Activity] Settings > Self Evaluation for options.
- Added Ultra Run activity profile.
- Added VO2 Max for Trail Run activities.
- Improved results for daily Body Battery calculations.
- Updated Intensity Minutes determinations to align with guidance from CDC.
- Added metabolic calories into the total calories reported in the calories data field and recorded in the activity file.
- Improved feedback on stress level readings.
- Improved altimeter auto calibration during activities.
- Improved power meter calibration and settings.
- Improvements to swimming activities.
- Fixed some metronome interference with wrist-based cadence.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
- Download and unzip Forerunner945_685Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Copy GUP3114.GCD from the RemoteSW folder to \Garmin\RemoteSW on the device.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-620.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-620.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. Copy GUP3114-702.GCD from RemoteSW\Downgrades to \Garmin\RemoteSW on the device and rename to GUP3114.GCD. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.