This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

round trip for MTB activities

Hi, I'm a runner and an MTB rider; while I use a lot the roundtrip option for running in unknown cities/places, I can't do the same for MTB riding...is there any specific reason for this? I don't think it would be so challenging to add this possibility for MTB activity. The only option we have is to use Garmin connect, navigate routes and find what suits the best for you...but that's not as much convenient as the possibility of doing it straight from your watch as it happens for running or road cycling.

•  It's not as easy we might think. The problem is having a routeable map on the watch that has all the MTB trails on. There are other options for creating routes such as Trailforks and Komoot etc but none that would allow you to create routs on the watch that I am aware of sadly.

Perhaps someone else knows a different method.

• Well, afarnedi didn't specify that it needs to be trails ;) I think they could easily do similar routes as with other sports but it would be pretty pointless and that's the reason why there isn't that feature.

So there's the specific reason you were looking for, also of course combined with the lack of routable map with MTB trails.

• Well, you're right, I didn't specify it needs to be trails, but of course, I was thinking to it; I'm not particularly eager to ride my MTB on the roads, so what I was looking for is off-road trails. I thought it wouldn't have been so difficult to navigate using trails since we do have trails on our maps, and I can see them if I enter the map page during my ride, so why can't I navigate them and finding round trips?

• Is all trails there rideable? At least here I wouldn't take my MTB to just any random trail and if Garmin would give me a route which would have a lot of non-rideable obstacles I wouldn't be pretty happy.