This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Resetting VO2max and training status

During setup I made the terrible mistake to sync my partner's watch to my Garmin Connect account. I removed it again a short time later, but Garmin Connect decided (via a feature called Physio TrueUp, I believe) to suck up all his VO2max and training status data into my account. No actual activities were synced into my account though, just the training status data. 

As a consequence my watch is now terribly disappointed with me, calling every single run "unproductive" and lowers my estimated VO2max from 60 by about 1-2 points per week, until one day hopefully it will accept my fitness level. Is there any way to speed up this process? I tried resetting the watch, but upon first sync with Garmin Connect all the data was back (Physio TrueUp!). I could try deleting my Garmin Connect account, but then I would also loose all my activity and health data which I'd like to avoid. 

Any way out of this ***? 

• As a consequence my watch is now terribly disappointed with me,

I had to smile over this. Grinning

I would check that your basic data (height, weight, and especially maximum heart rate) are based on you, rather than your partner.

You could try resetting the watch, and turning off Physio True Up (at least temporarily) so that the VO2Max is based on your current performance rather than recent history. But if this doesn't work the old data points should wash out in a couple of weeks.

In the Training Status widget options, you could pause Training Status, to at least stop your watch scolding you during this process. Grinning

• For me at least, they don’t, and I’ve been struggling with “Unproductive” and admonishments that I’m “losing fitness” (Strava disagrees, I’m back to pre-lockdown fitness after 3 months of being on the bike).

My observation is once it assumes you’ve got some “Training Status” it just doesn’t want to forget, and it just keeps up with the scolding. What doesn’t help is I’ve been exploring new routes and now I’m being scolded because my VO2max is declining because I”m going slow on roads I’ve never ridden on.