This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 945 Stryd/Gauges/Sleep tracking/Barometer/Body battery

Hi! I am considering the 945 to be my next training tool. I have already did some research on the features, but I have still some questions.
1. I know that Garmins do not support Stryd natively, but they can display the power from Stryd as a training field (I am not talking about the Stryd zones app). The question: is it possible to display the power gauge showing the Stryd zones during running as one of the training fields?
2. Is possible to display 2 or even three gauges on the same page? Eg.: HR, Pace, Power gauges
3. I know that there is much room for improvement of sleep tracking. I know that right now there is not possible to check the sleep detail on the watch itself just in Garmin Connect (am I right?). Is Garmin trying to improve the sleep tracking or just performing some bug fixes?
4. How durable is the barometer? As far as I know the barometer hole is at the bottom of the watch, close to the skin, so sweat can get in the body of the watch. Based on my previous experience, this design can cause erratic barometer reading if we do not clean the barometer opening regularly.
5. How do you utilize the Body Battery in everyday life?
I know, long list :)
  • I'll try to give you my point of view:
    1 - I don't use Stryd but RDP and I see the power with Garmin running power, in this case you also need a foot pod because the pace with the gps works very badly
    2 - view up to 6 fields, as long as your eyes allow it :) I use 4
    3 - sleep has now become a joke and Garmin is no longer credible, but the recovery is quite accurate
    4 - I noticed that the pressure variations are significant, the absolute values I have not compared them with a table barometer
    5 - body battery on me works very well but you have to wait some time for the watch to know you

• 1. I know that Garmins do not support Stryd natively, but they can display the power from Stryd as a training field (I am not talking about the Stryd zones app). The question: is it possible to display the power gauge showing the Stryd zones during running as one of the training fields?

There's a Stryd Connect IQ data field you can add to a run profile. See CIQ page here for screenshots. Note: you only get the colored zone graph when it's a single data field on a page. If you have it on a data page with other data fields, it only shows the power number and in tiny text what zone number you're in.

2. Is possible to display 2 or even three gauges on the same page? Eg.: HR, Pace, Power gauges

You can add multiple data fields. Some data fields have gauges. See note above regarding Stryd power and the behavior of its gauge.

• Thanks a lot, so if you display 6 field, than the numbers are not so visible?

• Thank you, I hope Stryd will be natively supported by Garmin soon

• I am 52 years old and I am astigmatic, if you see well you can certainly manage the 6 fields. In any case I recommend 945, today the price has dropped and the SW is stable.

• The FR945 is a good watch (for me) and I can recommend it.

Regarding the barometer... Well, it's not just the FR945. All my watches (except the VAHR) developed problems with the barometer (F3, F3HR, VA3, FR645, FR645M and now the FR945). I assume that the hole gets clogged with time, regardless of the fact that my watch is being washed regularly (always when showering) and the holes blown free of water afterwards. I mean, there will always be something left in those holes, even after washing, and this will affect the barometer sooner or later. If you never wash your watch, than it probably will be sooner.

I will return RMA my FR945 only because of this, and I'm sure my replacement will develop the same problems with the barometer after a while.

On the other Hand, I think that also the SW is a little bit buggy regarding the barometer. I always have it in automatic mode, but every tiny movement will be regarded as an elevation change. Even when I have it in barometer mode I get credit for stairs just by walking around in my one-floor apartment. Though, again, every other watch I had developed those same symptoms after a while. When new, they all were rock solid.