This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect HR band, wahoo different connection names?

I have a wahoo tickr, works like a charm.

but I realized that it connects differently.

sometimes as a number “ad567” or something like that. And sometimes as wahoo TICKR.

I guess it’s depending on if it connects via blt or ant+
but which one is which?

and why does it change? And is one of the connections preferred for best performance or energy use?

• Sie sollten das Band korrekt verbinden. Wenn der Name angezeigt wird ist die Verbindung per BLE sonst ANT+. Sie können dies aber auch jederzeit unter den verbundenen Sensoren sehen.

• ”You should join the ribbon correctly. If the name is displayed, the connection via BLE is otherwise ANT +. You can also see this at any time under the connected sensors.” 
    I don’t se why you doesn’t write in English:)

but I used google translate for you..

yes I have both connections from the chest band active in my watch, but should I prefer blt or ant+, either way, the watch seems to have connected to both first time att paired them.

and uses either one randomly when connected.

• Because I don't speak so good English.

I preferred ant+ but this is not relevant. You should have only one of the standard paired with the watch that the watch use only this connection.

If the watch have both, he search for all and connect to the connection they found first.

• Yea ok, but to have both connections paired shouldn’t  really matter then?

why do you prefer any+

• I think it make more sense to have only one connection because the watch will switch between the Bluetooth and ant+. This will cost more energy.