This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software Version 5.50 - Forerunner 945 - Live

Update can be downloaded through Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile.

Clarification: For those of you who received 5.40 this update only includes the following:

Addressed an issue that caused VO2 Max update and Training Status to not update

If you have not yet received Version 5.40, then the update will include the above, as well as everything that was previously in 5.40 which I have included below. 

- Fixed an issue that caused CIQ watch faces to display 0 calories.
- Added improvements to prevent dropped phone connection.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Fix an iOS reconnection issue on some phones.

• Hi, I think Garmin doesn't want to show HRV metrics to users as it has no meaning for most users.. however Garmin use HRV infornation and translate it along with other factors to Stress, body battery; recovery, and sleep...

In my opinion this is better than havong pure HRV numbers.. I just look at Stress and body battery..

• BT connection on a freshly installed iPhone12/ConnectIQ still drops regularly. I would not mind (that much) if weather data could be downloaded via WiFi at home but it is not. So weather is useless on my watch, if I need to grab my phone then I check it on that.

Battery usage is around 4.5%/day, better than with SW 4.40. Without any reset, just a simple update.

• Same - huge battery drain!! Any fixes yet? Sent in a ticket - this is crazy, down to 35% after 2 days and 1 3mile run!!

• I have had the FR945 since the end of November. So I have version 5.50 since I started using the watch. And when turned off wifi, bluetooth, oxy - hiking activity lasting 4 hours and 41 minutes, it took 19% of the battery. I started with 98% battery. This corresponds to about 23-24 hours with GPS on. No 36 hours as mentioned in the technical specifications! So probably this version consumes the battery much more. Garmin solve this problem please!

• My JLab icons drop a lot also...including last night...1/3/21. I guess still an issue for more people. 

• Having the exact same issue. Let me know how you get on please. 

• I experienced battery drained super fast issue. Fully charged 100% to start a run and below 10% in 3 hours. After struggling two days I reset to factory default and now 100% last a week.

• I think the garmin need a new firmware update, because this is later, and we has many problems with this 5.50.

• I was having battery drain issues with 5.5, as well.  Rather than reset, I upload the beta 6.04 version and it's much better now.  This might be a good alternative to try before resetting.

I found the beta here:

www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp