This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any way to get alerted of the elapsed distance accumulated as opposed to just the frequency?

I run with earbuds and I get audible alerts of my time & distance, as well as calling out my pace.  However, is there any way to get the audio alert to also call out the accumulated distance over time every 1 km, for example?  To me, it is just not useful to hear 1 km each time I run past 1k.  I would rather hear the elapsed distance I have run thus far during my run, so I don't lose track of my total distance run so far.  I know I can look down at my watch for the total distance stat, but it would be far useful to get the total running or cumulative distance after each km as a reminder.

Is that even possible?

• With 1 km laps, the distance will be the lap number.

• If you have your settings set to Lap Alert On, then you should hear the following at the conclusion of each lap: Lap 1 (Lap Time) Lap 2 Lap Time Lap 3 (Lap Time). If you don't hear that double check your watch audio prompt settings:

• Hold the middle left button
    • Scroll down to Audio Prompts
    • Make Sure Lap Alert is on

If it is turned on on the watch, check in the app.

• Open the Menu 
      • Android: Select the   menu icon in the upper left corner
      • iOS: Select More in the lower right corner

• Select Garmin Devices
    • Select your 945
    • Select Activity Options
    • Select Audio Prompts
    • Make sure that Lap Alerts are turned on. 
  • The request was to hear the total distance, not just the time

• I think the point is it also states the lap - so if you do not hit extra lap buttons, this will also tell you the distance based on the number of laps. Not perfect but can do the job for the OP?

• thanks so much for the detailed response !  I guess that's  the best available for the moment in terms of current available functionality to get the total accumulated distance on a Garmin.

Much appreciated!

Shawn

• In the original poster's question, he asked about a steady consistent interval, which the provided instructions would work for. If you wanted to get into mixed intervals then there would be a bit of an issue. However for the watch to do mixed intervals you would have to program the watch to do said mixed intervals. Most of the time when I'm doing mixed intervals, during a set of intervals I am not worried about the total distance, I am concerned about the distance of the lap that I just did (whether that be a 400, 800, 1k, or what ever distance that hard interval just was). 

That would be the argument against it. 

That said I can submit a development ticket, which if it sees enough interest to get the green light, could bring it forward as a new feature in Garmin Connect. Here is a link to our ideas page to help draw attention to the idea. www.garmin.com/.../

• I agree with you :-) It would also be a nice feature to get the total distance travelled so far as an audio cue in case one loses track of it during a relatively long distance activity.

Thanks so much once again for your precious feedback :-) !

• agree! I landed here since I miss that feature I had on my galaxy watch and apple watch even.sure I get it from the Lap alert (ie Lap 4...im at the 4th Km..) but on a 850euro sportwatch I'd like to hear the elapsed distance as well 

• This has finally been implemented in the latest build

• i have googled this everywhere. if this is included now how do I set it up. I want to get total distance audio promts for every km I run. i have the FENIX 7