This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta Forerunner 945 SW 5.15

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.09 to 5.15:

• Fix some ANT sensor connection issues.
  • Fix some bugs in Pool Swimming activities.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_515Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3114.GCD and 006B310705.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-500.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3114-604.GCD and the 006B310705-440.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • Good to see Garmin Dev Team takes the time for finalizing and "polishing" the next update. The 5.00 was a good quality, the new one seems to take the same way instead of "fast fast and fast too bad !". 

• Installed, and initial tests look great.

I reported an issue with ANT+ battStatus not being reported to support, along with all the necessary logs and video showing it happen. Now it's fixed!

Good job Garmin support & Developers.

• Installed, Interesting that it said Sensors updated, but version numbers seems the same as previous. So probably nothing new on the sensor firmware side.

• As with 5.09 my disabled alarm still ring with 5.15. I haven't tried the smart trainer with 5.15 and I don't know if my problem were fixed (I wrote about them to garmin beta's email).

• Testing... haven’t got time to run with it yet... 

• 5.15 don't fix my smart trainer problems.

* If I leave the trainer on a 3 glide, then come back for another workout, the watch says the trainer is on glide 3 but there is no resistance at all (setting the glide to something else than 3 set a resistance).

* On programmed workout with power zones, Z2 to Z6 are fine but asking for Z7 there is no more any resistance set and then all other power zones are without resistance.

In case that's matter my smart trainer is an Elite's Nero (roller).

• I was just running with Beta 5.15 and was listening to music on a Jaybird Vista. I lost the connection to Vista about 5-6 times. The music stopped in the middle, then it took a few seconds and the message "Not connected" came on the Jaybird. Then I opened the music widget and with "Play" I could reconnect and start the music again. This has never happened before and is just plain annoying.

I did a "reset" after installing the beta.

• Hi,

Have anyone noticed higher battery drain?

It looks this is what is happening to me.

Thanks!

José

• No. Have you already done the pressing 15s of power/light button reset? If not, do that, charge and most probably that solved it. And if it solved it, take that part of you upgrade process to avoid those.