This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Part of map data missing from workout

I went for a 8km run today, using the trail run activity and a 10x1min interval workout that I created on Garmin Connect. I did not start the activity before the GPS had locked (green bar).

All the activity data including distance and elevation seems to have been logged correctly, except the map data. There is no map data for the first 21 laps. Map data starts to appear exactly at lap 22. Lap 21 was the last 1-minute interval. Lap 22 was a 10 minute cooldown which was also part of the predefined workout.

So, on the map for this run, the green start arrow is located at my position at lap 22, even though the recorded distance at this point was over 3km. Unfortunately I was too busy running to notice if the gps trail was there on the map screen on the watch during the first 21 laps. 

I did the same run using the same activity type and same predefined workout on august 24 without experiencing this loss of data. I've done it several times before that as well, no problems. 

I guess there might be a bug here that at a certain point deleted part of the logged map data.

Anyone else who have had similar problems?

To me the map features are pretty much essential so I hope this won't become a regular problem.

• Yes, I have a similar problem with a 945. Part of my map/ track is missing, no training active, just running mode, but the distance I ran is quite ok (14km). i compared with a 2nd Garmin and I only have 1 km less than that watch. Weird is that my map starts at 4km. I guess it's a software bug or malfunctioning GPS hardware? 

• It's not 945 specific.  My friend and I ran together.  She has a 945 and I have a Fenix.  Both our maps were busted in the same way.  I think the data displays someone else's run because the end point of the run was at another parking area at the same park.

•   I think the data displays someone else's run

The data on your watch is from someone else's run?  How would that even be possible?