This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync calories with apple watch activities

Hi Everybody, 

When I finish an activity, my duration is synchronized with my apple watch activities rings. But not my calories. Do you know, what i need to do please to have my calories synchronized with apple watch rings. 

Thanks for your help and sorry for my pour English.

Thomas 

• Disclaimer: I do not own an Apple Watch (though I intend to get one soon). I've spent probably too much time looking into this as I researched Apple/Garmin integration and while I have no way to test it at this time, I have found the following (and this is what I plan to try to do):

The "move" ring doesn't update right from Garmin activities. If you contact customer support, Apple blames Garmin integration and Garmin blames Apple integration. The workaround appears to be using Strava as a middle-man. If you setup Strava so your Garmin activities sync there, then setup Strava (app) on your iPhone to sync to Apple Health, the activity data goes from your Garmin -> Strava -> Apple Health/watch and all the rings update correctly. I don't know if you have to disable Garmin writing to the Apple Health app.

Again, I have not tested this myself and do not at this time have the equipment to do such a test, but with luck in under a month I can. Or you can test this and reply back with your results. Either way, I'll update this post in the future when I test it so future searchers may have luck finding it.

• Thanks a lot, do you klow how to do, to have the Garmin-> Strava-> and Apple Health watch? Please

• Part I know (the Garmin -> Strava part): download Strava on your phone. Create an account on it (free account should work). Setup the sync there to Garmin.

Part I'm guessing about (the Strava -> Apple Health part): Open Strava app. Go to Profile. Tap "Applicaitons, Services, and Devices >". Tap "Health; Connect wiht Health" under Services. Allow Strava to write Active Energy (I think this is the one to make the Move ring update). I don't know what other data is required to make the rings update (or other info you want to appear in the Health app). Under the "Health Settings" screen in Strava (where it kicks you back to after selecting what data to write), turn on "Send to Health"

Not required, but suggested: go to Strava's website. Login and review your privacy settings for your profile. They like data and you may want to lock down how much you share with them / let them make public.

• Provided you have allowed GARMIN Connect to send data to Apple Health when you pair, the energy data is then sent to Apple Health. Since the data would then be in the Apple domain it would be reasonable to expect that the issue is with Apple.

• Tnahks a lot it seems to work!!! :-) :-)