This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Wrist HR doesn’t work when connected to Trainer after 5.0 update

Love all the updates with the 5.0 software, was most looking forward to the FE-C trainer integration and it works great with one BIG exception.  When I connect the Trainer to the watch, my Wrist HR is disabled.  It still broadcasts to external devices (can see it on my Rouvy Phone app) but it will not record local on the watch.  When I turn the trainer off, wrist HR comes back, so it’s absolutely something to do with the Trainer sensor integration.  Did a power off / on just to make sure, and checked all Wrist HR settings, all looks fine and again it works perfectly when the Trainer is not connected.  And yes, I posted in the pinned thread as well, saw one other person that noted this, but wanted to highlight it as there’s a bunch of other things popping up in that thread and it’s kind of lost in the back and forth.  Any ideas on why this is happening - software bug or is this on purpose?

UPDATE 10-24-20: Appears that Software update 5.20 fixed this problem - got it last night and tested, Wrist HR worked just fine.  

• Indeed, that's why I need to use my HRM-dual in order to record HR, bummer ! Garmin, get your sh*t together and return us wrist HR during trainer workouts please.
    Tacx Vortex, FR 945 with 5.0 firmware

• Just received firmware update 5.20 and tested it on my trainer. Wrist heart rate seems to work now while connected to my trainer (Wahoo Kickr Core).

Can anyone confirm this?

• Yes!  Got the update last night and tested it - Wrist HR seems to be working well.  CycleOps Magnus trainer.

• I just checked my Garmin 945 in the Trainer Setting again as well and indeed: my heartrate is finally showing up on the mode (I have a tacs Neo 1)

I then went to connect to Zwift, and while the initial screen showed that I have a heart rate connected, as soon as I started a ride, the heart rate within Zwift didn't display. I need to play a bit more around, maybe it's the Tacs Setting now, but obviously (for all those Zwift race leagues) you do want to have a heart rate within. So I am not sure yet, if I continue disabling it or not.

But at least the original problem looks like being fixed

• Latest update seemed to have fixed it. I can now have the smart trainer "enabled" in my FR945 (but not controlling the trainer) and still get reliable heart rate in my app (Rouvy).I haven't tried controlling the trainer via FR945 yet but since that worked before I'm hoping they didn't break it.