This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Open Water Swim - Map not showing up?

I swam 2077 yards today, but the map did not log my route. I've got the yards listed, but missing the map? Do I need to do something different to my watch to get the map? I don't have any issues when running or biking. Any help is welcome thnk you

• Garmin support link offers "Chat" or "Call", not the options I would use. Call wants some american style phone numbers.

Dunno where that email address is from and what is their reaction if I use that. To me as consumer the local seems to be how they would want me to contact them, and that is what I did.

• Garmin support page makes some weird things. Sometimes it offers nothing, sometimes call and chat, sometimes email as well.

When I chose email, the answer came back from [email protected]. Since then I use this address for error reporting, and they handle them, I get answers, etc. I reported several bugs through this channel, and most of them were corrected since then. Many other users recommend on this forum this email address as well for proper bug reporting.

Note:

Garmin will never be aware of your swimrun issue if you do not report them through the right channels. This forum is for the consumers and not for developers, so this forum is NOT the right channel.

• Garmin will never be aware of your swimrun issue if you do not report them through the right channels.

Others have reported here that they have reported the swimrum problems, and how should I as consumer know that proper channel would be find that email somewhere or to go the the US site to report? I might use that for issues coming later, but it was interesting experiment to see how the local support will handle those.

• I might have found the problem or the new GPS update fixes things, or this was just a fluke :) But more on the other thread https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/164018/945-appears-to-have-lost-gps-32-metres-into-open-water-swim/1140098#1140098 

• I make a OWS activity with my coach. I used my FR 945 e she used your FR 935.

My activity tracker recorded 1700mt, but I swimin by smaller distance. My coach swiming by a larger distance, and your FR 935 tracker record 1000mt

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5602327700

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5602285612

• The track of coach is set as private, can not be seen. However it is not so important.

From your log it seems that you had lots of GPS loss, and the watch assumed a much higher tempo what you are possibly capable of (at least it seems so)

Correct me if I am wrong, but at the rare occasions when GPS reception was ok, your pace was closer to the 3:00 min/100m pace, but the watch calculated with 1:46 most of the time while GPS signal was not available.

What stroke type do you use? Make sure that the watch comes out of the water at least once every 3 seconds. Only front crawl (and backstroke) is recommended, with breaststroke miscalculation is very possible. If you stop and tread water (weirdly there are spikes with doubled stroke rate, is it because treading water?), keep the watch over the surface.

• Hi,

I swimn the front crawl. When i swim continuous the tracker ist correct. But if has paused, tracker count high frequency. I think this is realy because the gps is lost.