This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 beta 4.87 wrong ows map data

Hello,

anybody experiencing open water swims until the Gulf of Guinea? ;-) This is already the 2nd time I'm experiencing this after updating to this new beta, and it never happened before.

Former Member- perhaps somebody can have a look at the fit file, see what went wrong (i've already repaired it with FFRT).

Regards,

Tudor

le: I've reported this to the beta email as well, was curious about others here on the group...

5382765423.zip

• That point is 0,0 in coordinates. My open water swims has been good.

Like this yesterday: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5380567362 

It even managed to get swimrun "correctly" once, meaning no big missing data, but in that we had really long transitions, so real test is probably on sunday, has it really gotten better or was that a fluke because the really long transitions.

• Ha! That looks like a very good fc technique and good tracking from the 945, almost handbook i'd say ;-). 

• It's not just a 4.87 issue. I'm still running the released 4.40 and had this happen over the weekend on two separate swims. I've never seen this before. I haven't had an opportunity to try it again since this, so I don't know if it's still doing this.

• Same here :-(

... And so bad, because after Beta 4.87 update, the Pool Swim activity (at last with the FR945 set in Spanish language) don't work (don't start: the watch ignores the Start button presses, may be because the activity has "lost" the data screens and I can't edit them), so I need record all pool trainings as open water trainings...   :'-((

• Good news, that it happens with "old" releases too. I experienced this with Swim2 newest SW. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. I guess that it is caused by some kind of GPS signal loss.

However it seems to be a GC web only issue, in GC phone app, and any 3rd party app there is no such line to the zero point. If you zoom in with GC web, you can see the real track as well.

I already reported it to Garmin with a note, that it is most probably GC web issue.

• I already reported it to Garmin with a note, that it is most probably GC web issue.

I would guess that it's not GCW issue. If there's point at 0,0 it will show it. Probably others will decide that let's filter those out, but it should not save 0,0 coordinates as it's most likely just error. 

Export the GPX and look at the coordinates with text editor. Is there something like:
    <trkpt lat="0" lon="0">
    or
    <trkpt lat="0.000000000000000000000000000000" lon="0.000000000000000000000000000000">

• I checked, no sign of any zero coordinates at all in my logs as GPX. Even in the original fit file I do not see any zero coordinates.

• Weird... I find it puzzling that GCW would just add random 0,0 point to some swim activities...

• Now I also got hit by this...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5415269240

Multiple times to 0,0, but the GPX does not contain those... and Strava will show it properly.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to jmto

Same Problem here with a Garmin Marq Athlete V11.10. . Did anybody find out the problem? Is it the same when using the App? The GPX file is correct!

do