This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

running: incorrect heart rate recording (chest strap)

Hey!

Often my heart rate recording with my TICKR X looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85h7tk30k4qc5ke/IMG_5A45FDF19473-1.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04eluw2dv4hsmm3/IMG_681680869DA7-1.jpeg?dl=0

(todays treadmill run)

The heart rate curve is often flat with no reaction for many seconds.

There are sections where the recording ist fine and then it turns to crap with these edges...

Any suggestions to solve this?

I tried a new TICKR X, new battery, the strap is always close to the skin: no improvements.

Thank you! :/ 

• If you can’t test with another watch, contact TICKR.

• the tickr is already a new one...

• I think it is better to use the garmin strap. Because there is more data gethered to the watch as well to be usefull

• I think it is better to use the garmin strap. Because there is more data gethered to the watch as well to be usefull

• Without seeing the inputs (i.e. pace), it's impossible to know if there is actually an issue.  Do you have another source of HR data that you are comparing against?  

It's normal for your heart rate to lag behind increases in effort.

Unless you are having data drops, the issue isn't with your watch, it's with the TICKR strap.  It's possible it's not the strap at all and it's just an issue with you - I've had multiple HRM-Tris and a Polar H7 and they all give me unreliable HR data, despite the litany of troubleshooting steps I've taken.

• May be the strap is not connected to the watch !

Start f.i. the running activity and see if the watch confirms the HF strap is connected !

Or take the watch of from your wrist and put on your strap and see if there is a heartbeat.

I also have in rare cases that the garmin strap fails to connect to the watch. And later i discover that there is only a heartrate after the workout.

The heartrate was then recorded from the watch itself instead of from the strap.