This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data field overlay on maps on FR945

Is there a way to get data field(s) overlaid onto the maps when routing? Sometimes I get a field called 'timer' appearing overlaid onto the maps when I am following a route but I don't know what that is or what triggers it, does anyone know? I would like to overlay speed, distance etc. onto the map when routing but can't see if that is possible.

• I would be interested in the feature to overlay or even add custom data fields to the map screen (just like on the Edge 830). However, as far as I know on the 945 it is only possible to add one set data field on the bottom of the navigation screen which indicates how far it is to the next turn (or final destination if there are no waypoints on the route).

As for the problem with the timer, I believe this is a bug. I used to get one or even two timers which would disappear again after a while. To get around this problem I added the map screen as a default to the activity. This helped to not pop up the timer when navigating.

• great thanks, yes it did look like a bug but I wasn't sure - sometimes I get two timers as well which looks a bit strange!

• If you go to the data screen setup page for your activity, you can add up to two datafield overlays on the map screen. I personally love it, since I can show my heart rate and time for running, or power while cycling while still navigating a course. 

• If you go to the datafield setup page you can add up to 2 different data field overlays on top of the map that should work while navigating a course. 

I use this feature all the time when I am following a new course but still want to see my hr (running) or power (cycling). 

• Great thank you both - I was able to do this by 1) adding the map as a default screen in the activity and then 2) then editing the screen to add the data fields.

• I never looked there, thanks!