This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with new Strava/Komoot import feature - Altitude completely wrong in Altimeter, possibly turn-by-turn Nav.

First of all, this is a really cool feature, going to many many units (even 10year old ones) read all about it on DCR if you haven't heard yet: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/garmin-launches-strava-komoot-route-sync-works-on-devices-a-decade-old.html/comment-page-1#comment-3562253

My problem/bug is that gives you different altitude readings depending on wether you import the course via Komoot Connect IQ or via Connect – this also seems to affect turn by turn notifications. i was wondering why it said “left in 30m”, when the intersection was right upon me. can someone replicate this? here are two pictures of the same course that i 1) imported vie the connect iq app (upper) and 2) imported via Garmin connect iOS (lower). course length and lowest/highest point are more or less in line (maybe little different algorithms),  but the altitude reading is absurd (upper one should be more or less correct on this 14k course not set in the alps or something).