This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Software version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
  • Improvements to rep-counting
  • Improvements to floor-climb when the user is jogging up/down stairs
  • Added SkiSkate profile
  • Added BackCountry Ski profile
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
  • Improvements/fixes to payments
  • Made several improvements to Breathwork
  • Made several WiFi related improvements
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Sensor Hub 4.01

• No change log available

GPS version 4.10

• No change log available
  • Think I’ve solved the battery drain issue. 2 hours from full charge and it’s still holding at 100%.

Used a combination of suggestions I’ve seen previously. Changed Music Providers to Control Phone, disabled Wifi, changed watch face to a standard Garmin one. Then performed a hard reset, once back on revert changes and charge to 100%.

Give it a try and report back. 

• This is getting ridiculous!! Am I supposed to do a soft reset every other hour? The OHR readings started to be complete rubbish again! All the readings from about 19:00 are useless, as can be seen on the respiration rate. Only a soft reset at around 02:30 (I only noticed after my shift) helped... It's not like I hadn't already done two of those during the day!!

• Still holding up at 95% overnight, that’s with me having PulseOx set to all day and a high consumption watch face set.

• Strange. How does your Stress look like in comparison? I ask as it uses HRV, which is also used for calculating respiration.

Try disabling heart rate detection, then hard reset (hold down power button until switches off). Once back on re-enable heart rate detection, hopefully that sticks!

• The Garmin Hydration Widget isn't playing nice with 4.40 - I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it working again.

• Stress was way too high. HR is harder to tell, since I was working and moving a lot. But if I had to guess it was most probably off too (same as the night before). Only after doing a soft reset everything went back to normal. It just seems strange this behaviour... All of a sudden the readings are all off whithout any apparent reason.

I tried what you said and turned off WHR, did a soft reset and turned it on again. Hopefuly this will help. Otherwise I'll have to revert back to 4.20. I really don't feel like doing a hard reset and setup my watch anew.

I might also unpair every sensor I have, do a soft reset and repair them again. Just in case.

Since 3.90 there has always been something not working properly (especially higher battery consumption than usual), 4.20 was a bit more stable (still had some bugs like sporadic battery drain or CIQ watchface not working all of a sudden). But 4.40 is really getting on my nerves...

• Again drop-outs with Stryd... When I first started my walk I had no drop-outs, than had to stop and discard it after five minutes (Kids... *g*). A couple of minutes later I started again and the drop-outs were back not one minute into the walk! Had do unpair and repair Stryd again. This Sensor Hub is quite problematic (for me, at least).

• I suffer drop outs with my polar oh1 too. Something is not working with this last update.

• 1) Why would you need to update the watch twice to update the system software?  I remember doing things like this for linux about twenty five years ago.  But software updates should be more painless to the user.

Because it seems that the GPS update requires 4.40. It is only available when you have 4.40, so it won't update them both in the same time. And you are not updating twice the system software. You are updating it once and then you are getting GPS firmware update that is compatible for the new version.

• Not true, when I've reverted back to 4.20 firmware I ended up having 4.20 main firmware version and 4.10 GPS version and I was receiving GPS signal as normal.

Flashed previous GPS version later though to keep authenticity.

I think the GPS should just be updated separately and that's all, but Garmin screwed up their firmware build process this time anyway