This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Floor climbing Workout

Hi all

Towards doing a mainly floor climbing workout, what Activity profile will work the best?

I see a FLOOR CLIMB activity. However the reason I ask here, is whether TREADMILL RUN activity work as well?

I'm looking at Floors climbed or metres climbed, time, HR, distance (using accelerometer, not GPS).

Doi what do you guys recommend using - FLOOR CLIMB or TREADMILL activity profile?

Or any other option?

Cheers!

• Is there a reason you don't want to use Floor Climb for your Floor Climbing workout?  Because that's what I would recommend.  Treadmill mode won't count floors, although I *think* the altimeter still records in Treadmill mode.

• Please use the Floor Climb or Stair-stepper profiles (the latter being for indoor machines) for this activity. This will give you the most relevant data for the activity type you have described. 

• With floor climb i only have partial counts. Always (95% times) steals me one floor. It does not matter if i did a 4 floor, a 6 floor or even a 15 floor.. always one floor is missed. Ive tried doing anfew steps before going up, waiting 20 second before going up.. cant realize.the trick. I always do the going up in fast mode, a 6 , 8 seconds per floor.

Going down , at normal speed it seems to be 90% times ok count.

Also notice in the connect app that the laps and the count are displaced. For example,  i did a 5F up and the lap says 0 floor.... inmediately did a lap going down and says the 5 did before. Always this error in the app resume.

Also notice that the app does not show the down floor exercise.

Thank you

• Is only my device which doesn't count the effective floors climbed??? is this issue/bug fixed with the new update version?

• Do you have Activity Monitor enabled when climbing floor? Probably not... or if enabled, maybe you disabled it before save activity.

I think Garmin must not link ClimbFloors activity to Activity Monitor, but is they mantain that link, they must enable/disable AM automaticaly. 

• Thanks. I did use the Floor Climb activity, and it worked perfectly. Counted the floor absolutely perfectly, no error at all.

The only grouse I would have is to also display and share distance run. I feel distance and steps are useful info for a floor climb workout. 

Also jogged a bit between climb reps. So distance makes sense. 

• In my experience, this activity don't works as must. Look:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4733274957

In that activity, yestarday, I climbed 130 floors... Only 108 appear in Garmin Connect. And the graphs don't shows the workout with precision.

And I see what if Activity Monitor is disabled during Climb Floor activity, or if AM is disabled before save the activity after stop it, the number of floors climbed is setted to 0.

Firmware 4.20

Excuse my poor english :-S

• Today workout: connect.garmin.com/.../4737784546

Again 120 floors climbed, near as yesterday, but only 89 floors counted by FR945...  And see the green graph...

Please correct this, Garmin. And if possible, unlink Active Monitor and Floor Climbing activity: shouldn't neccesary have AM enabled...  but if you need have AM active to count floors, at least enable you automatically when user select activity "Floor climb", and disable after end activity if AM was disabled before.

Thanks

• Your Garmin activities are not public, hence not visible.

Btw cancan you check the elevation gain of each floor climbed in this building? If the elevation is 10 feet, it should be counted as 1 floor. If lower the floor count would would mismatch.

• Your Garmin activities are not public, hence not visible.

Sorry, I had not noticed! It is already solved, they should be accessible now ... And the height between floors must be very close to 3 m; and it is only one floor: I raise it and descend it X times ....