This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Amazon music and Garmin battery life

Has anyone installed the updated amazon garmin app and how is your garmin battery while listening to music and running?  (Half marathon or full marathon distances). 

I’m a little worried the garmin battery will tank before finishing a half or full marathon. 

• How long do you expect to take for your full marathon. Should be enough for your half.

Best thing to do is to download it and try for yourself.

• For the full probably around 4 hours. 

• Listening to music (from any provider) is more of a battery drain than GPS - that's what I've seen. 

I'd do a dry run, where you start recording a run with GPS and have music playing and see how the battery does over the length of time you'd expect the battery to last. 

Also you may want to check the rules of the event - at some, things like headphones aren't allowed.

• The 945 is rated for up to 10 hours when running with GPS and music playing, but there are multiple factors that can reduce that time. I would encourage you to do some tests before your actual race day, but I feel confident you can run a four-hour marathon with music playing. 

• I did a test yesterday, charged at 98% ran 8 miles for an hour and 14 minutes while listening to Amazon music. When finished my run I was down to 60% battery left. I’m running firmware 4.29 beta on the watch. Is this normal battery drain on the 945 with music and running?

• First, I would recommend retrying this test when on production software as betas, while likely stable, may not always be as optimized for battery life. 

Second, I would recommend performing a hard reset on your device (hold power button up to 15 seconds until display turns off) and then charge your device back up to 100% before testing again. 

After that, there are other settings that may impact battery life. 

• Are you also paired to your phone when running?
    • If so, how often do you get notifications?
    • What GPS settings are you using?
    • What backlight settings do you use when running?
    • How many sensors do you have paired?