This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Am I the only one with bluetooth problems?

Since a specific firmware update (can't remember the version) I have constant bluetooth problems. My watch thinks it's connected, but the Connect App doesn't.I have the feeling that the watch consumes more battery in this state. Some protocol state mismatch between the phone and the watch happens. It can be resolved by restarting the watch.

I tried multiple times to reset the watch in all variations.

My phone was a Samsung S8 and is now a S10+ Note. I also have Vivomove Luxe, which has no bluetooth problems ever.

Today I installed GUP-3303-360.GCD which is the 3.60 BLE version of FW 2.80. No problem at all!!! Finally I can use the watch as a smartwatch again. I'll try other versions the next days and report back.

Being a SW developer myself I very much would like to contribute to find the introduced bug, which causes my problems. What can I do?

Edit: So after writing this post, I woke up in the morning with a non-working bluetooth. Damn, I thought. 3.60 has bugs, too? So I browsed my watch and bam. It had updated the Bluetooth FW to the current 5.01 version despite "Automatic FW update" in off state.... Garmin please! My last straw!

Edit2: Seems to have been a late Software Update from the Garmin Connect App. I am back to BLE 3.60 now, without problems.

Edit3: Tried BLE 4.30 also, which immediately failed to connect. So back to 3.60 again.