- For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected] Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.29:
- Improvements to GPS
- Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
- Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
- Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
- Improvements to rep-counting
- Improvements to floor-climb when the user is jogging up/down stairs
- Added SkiSkate profile
- Added BackCountry Ski profile
- Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
- Improvements/fixes to payments
- Made several improvements to Breathwork
- Made several WiFi related improvements
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
- Download and unzip Forerunner945_429Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- Reconnect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
- From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the 006B310705.GCD and GUP3114.GCD files into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
- Again, disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-420.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-420.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
- To then downgrade your peripheral software, place the 006B310700-290.GCD and GUP3114-320.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.