This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate zones are different on watch and Garmin connect

I have set custom heart rate zones on my watch.

In Garmin connect i have synced with watch and also set the custom zones to match my watch.

However when i look at the zones in an activity teh zones shown do not correspond to what was set on teh watch or GC. please help. screen shots are below

The zones set on watch and GC. Note zone 5 should start at 188 

but when i look at a recent activity aftre zones had been set

note zone 5 is >175. this is incorrect and should be >188

• If you view this same activity in the history on your device, do you see the same times listed for your heart rate zones?

• yes on the watch it shows the same times listed on heart rate device, but think i have now figured it out. I had to set custom heart rate zones on GC for each sport (run and bike). now seems to work. suggestion though is either the watch settings should take priority or the GC settings. seems confusing to have to set them in two places

• That's been one of the perennial issues with the settings. However, long experience with Garmin watches has shown that setting that can be set on GC interweb should be set there and synchronised to the watch. That appears to resolve most of the issues with those settings.

But the ability to set any setting anywhere be it watch, phone or interweb and have it replicated to wherever would be ideal.

• I'm seeing a similar issue -- my heart rate zones are showing correctly through GC (both web and app) and the zones were synced to the watch (Instinct). The zones show correctly under the watch's settings. But the "Time in Zones" chart for my last activity has some wonky setting that shows me spending my whole run in Zone 5. Where is "Time in Zones" getting its zone settings from?

Edit: the same work-around worked for me -- setting specific run and bike zones and syncing them with the watch solved the issue