This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intensity minutes not showing

The Zwift ride I did this past Tuesday and synced to Connect recorded intensity minutes as it usually does even though I don't record it as a workout.

I've done a couple of Zwift rides since but it's no longer showing the intensity minutes now like it has in the past. Connect shows the ride and the ride data but not as the intensity minutes anymore. I've changed nothing in the setup and never needed to record it as a workout in Garmin for that to work.

• @gtext

Any Intensity Minutes you may have seen in the past while riding Zwift would have to have come from your 945. That isn't a metric that Zwift is able to record or display. If you weren't recording this as an activity, then it would have been using information from your optical heart rate sensor while cycling, which would definitely allow for intensity minutes if it detected elevated HR data. 

If you haven't seen IMs record on your latest rides, I would suggest checking the fit of your device while riding to make sure it is getting the best HR readings possible. There is some information here that may be useful as well. 

• Thanks. Within the Zwift ride in Connect it does show the average and max heart rate and assumed that came from Zwift and the chest strap and Connect/watch calculated the IM using that and the other data from Zwift. Yes I realise Zwift doesn't do IM itself. I'll check further using what you've suggested and try and workout what's happened.  I've had a 945 since they were released and IM has never an issue showing when using Zwift until now. 

• Zwift will display HR data, but they are unable to calculate IMs. That is Garmin-specific and is calculated on the device itself. 

• Thanks I'll keep trying. I've rebooted the 945 see if that makes any difference. 

I'm not sure when the 945 updated it self whether that was before or after the last time IM worked. It's possible that's caused it.  

• Well IM is updating agai after rebooting the 945. Suspecting that the that the update caused this for some reason. 

• My Edge 830 hasn’t worked for a month with IM, and training status, I’ve removed all my custom data fields, reset it to factory default I’m at a complete loss as to why it’s not working.

• Strange that the IM field is now never showing for my indoor rides in Zwift. Doesn't show in connect as a field although it does show as an available field in the connect setting. (Edit my day) After it stopped working previously restarting the watch had it working again but that doesn't help now. In the current environment I'm restricted to riding inside. 

I'll try a few things but puzzled why one minute it works and the next it doesn't. 

• Did you ever get this sorted?  Mine started doing the same on the 28th April. Every zwift ride previously appeared as intensity minutes, none of them have since.  I haven't changed anything with my set-up, the only difference is that the garmin connect app updated on the 28th April. Coincidence? 

• No pretty inconsistent. Came back a couple of weeks ago for a few days then disappeared again never to come back again. Haven't been able to do any rides outside due to restrictions to see if it works there. The inside rides have been intense enough that they should have shown up.