This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 955 Status

What is the latest timing expectation for the Garmin Forerunner 955? I’m trying to hold off replacing my 935 and am getting anxious.

• mmmmmm buttery consumption...

• I ride mountain bikes, so usually with enough space, like you, for my cellular in case of need (mainly pictures as well).

Yet, there are runners and others who don't want to take a bag and keep lite. They are the best use case I assume.

As for your suggestion for with and w/o LTE versions, I wonder what else, other than the LTE, would be its benefits vs. our beloved and full of functions 945...

• That reminds me, that usually the annoying thing is that they might bundle other features with the LTE, like better glass or something.

But for the other features/benefits vs. 945, what I would hope would be:
    - Better GPS, with the 935 accuracy level.
    - Power modes (if we aren't getting them)
    - Less bugs (probably not going to happen)
    - Really nice and clicky buttons (no button saga this time, and even better buttons)
    - Quick Release band as default (it would not cost so much, but probably they want more $ from accessory sales)
    - Same charging port (it's working, i have many cables for it, do not f' it up)

Those are the first things that comes to my mind.

• I would definitely like to have a bigger and better screen. The bezel is huge! The screen is propably the main thing I don't like about my 945... 

• I generally agree, just keep in mind: larger screen => higher battery consumption...

• A larger screen would allow a tad bigger battery, so it could offset that extra battery drain :)

• Most likely 955 is ready but I don't believe we will see it this year, maybe April 2021, Garmin as any other company is all about maximising profits. This could change in a heartbeat should competition releases something new, I know Coros is getting ready to throw something out. Should that happen, Garmin will respond otherwise they could lose a share of the market. Considering the price buying 945 is a very weak upgrade from 935, 245 is a better option if you need to fill the gap.

• But if the bigger screen is just by removing bezels, then there's no extra space for the bigger battery.

And I don't like to see this watch getting bigger. I like the size.

• Hopefully the battery technology continues to advance...