This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 955 Status

What is the latest timing expectation for the Garmin Forerunner 955? I’m trying to hold off replacing my 935 and am getting anxious.

• You've named the biggest reasons I want LTE, tracking and emergencies. I currently have the Apple Watch for that reason. It's great for integration with my iPhone but it's not great as a fitness tracker. My daughter is only 1 and when I'm out for 2-3 hours running, I don't take my phone but having LTE ability to receive messages is very helpful for my wife and I. There are also times when I have to bail on a run due to various reasons and can use messages to alert my wife/friends. 

• Yep, I agree. I’m not sure how it’s so difficult to understand. I’ve got a 945 on my left wrist, and AW4 with cellular on my right. I don’t want to take my phone with me if I’m only out for half an hour or an hour, but if I fall in the middle of nowhere, I can still call for help (there is signal in all these places, just very few people).

if the 955 has an LTE version I can see a lot of people will be interested - me for one. It’s also a good backup for a phone on longer days out too as phone batteries do often die before my Garmin and AW...

• In the  next year 2021 will be question to buy 955 or f7

• I started to buy a Garmin for the live track, absolutely essential and dream of a LTE version to not take my phone with me.

If it could come with a WhatsApp app, with some keyboard capabilities ...

• https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/202008/20-069E/

Oh it would be nice that the next one would use these new chipsets! :) Just look at the picture! Well, I'll add it here!

And the extra power usage from single channel 6-7 mW to dual channel 9 mW doesn't sound bad!

• I hope so, the extra power consumption will probably be an no go for Garmin. But hopefully i am wrong.

• Well, hopefully with GPS setting, that chipset promises the same 6 mW as the old ones, so they can market the same GPS times and provide switch to use 50% more power with 9 mw to hopefully getting more accurate results.

• With the way the fenix side of things are getting faster, better firmware updates - I'll be going with a Fenix next time around.

• It depends on the specific need. For myself as ultatrailrunner 935 didn't have satisfying battery and 945 battery last much longer.

• For me, the best reason to get a Fenix is my age.  The screen is bigger, so the maps will be clearer.  (Hopefully)