This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Coach screw up - can it be fixed?

Today, as part of my Coach half marathon training plan, I was supposed to do a 50 minute easy run. Somehow I managed to leave the Coach session and run 50 minutes normally. (I was attempting to run a course on the map at the same time.) I'm not sure what I did wrong, but that's not the point. I'll try again on Tuesday, even though the run is supposed to be pretty short.

The question is whether there's any way to attach an existing run to the planned Coach session. Otherwise I'm concerned that it's going to adjust my future runs downward, this not pushing me as hard as I'd like.

No, I'm not blaming the watch. This was undoubtedly operator error.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 4 years ago

fit files created with training plan have the training plan number inside

the normal activities have no training number

I do not know or have no experience changing normal fit file into training plan related files,  because of the missing number

you can check the fit file internals by uploading them here... fit2tcx.runalyze.com

do this with a training plan fit file and the normal fit file

you can save the webview into a file and save the webview url for later (or post them here in the forum)

theoretically Slight smile

if you are not going to redo the training paln workout

the idea is to start your missed training plan activity for a short period and stop

make sure to deactivate all connections with Garmin Connect Mobile, deactivate all auto sync

and use the internal data of this short fit file to adapt the fit file content of your normal activity

happy & safe sporting

• if you only are concerned because of the Coach features, why not delete the workout from the training plan?

• My concern is that if the workout is deleted, the adaptive algorithm will decide I need easier workouts.

• Well, it looks like I could edit the data file, but I'm only one week into the plan. That's a lot of work for little gain.

I've decided to just cancel the existing plan in its entirety and start over again. There's still time to complete the plan before the race, so I should be fine.

Thanks for your help and advice.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Fredrik_Coulter

good choice

success with the half marathon Thumbsup

happy & safe sporting

• I'd like to know how to associate a workout with a training plan activity.  I've had this happen a 2nd time and I'm in the middle of a 14 week program. The watch was out of sync with GarminConnect iphone app.  My watch was only showing training runs for me to choose that were still 4 days out. So I did my workout anyhow and recorded it, but had to cancel the training run as I had no other means to deal with it. 

I think when I plan to do a training run, I may need to issue the sync to my forerunner from the Garmin Connect website and not the iphone app.  I've heard others get around issues by pushing the sync request to Garmin website, which is really too bad.... its a hassle.  

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to agrimo

scan through these forums for info about the subject garmin-connect-web & garmin-connect-mobile-andriod

search for replies from user Slight smile

the procedure mentioned above by changing the fit code as far that I know of has not been tested

happy & safe sporting