This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect floors count

I work on the 3rd floor and usually go by stairs to my work place. But the floor count in GC is far away from the reality. It never counts floors in the morning when I go to my job (always zero). In the midday, when I go for a lunch in sometimes counts correctly, but more often not. Is there any way to fix this? For instance to calibrate altimeter or something else?

The device is FR945

The SW version is 4.00

• A Floor will only count If you go up min. 3m

• It's always seemed completely random to me. It only seems to register if you go up a flight of stairs and then spend some time at the top before coming back down - so going up 1 flight of stairs gives the same reading as 10. (Similar to the way the watch tracks lengths of a pool I guess)

Tracks more reliably outdoors than indoors - but seems to record changes in altitude rather sets of stairs, so walking up a hill will give you credit.

I spent most of yesterday morning go up and down stairs and got credit for 2 stairs. Then went outside for a walk, without going up any stairs and it gave me credit for 17 of them!

• It only seems to register if you go up a flight of stairs and then spend some time at the top before coming back down

I have also noticed this, that if you go up your stairs and then down again directly there's a bigger likelihood of it not registering. Another thing I also realized with my old Fenix 3 was that looking at watch during climbing the stairs was not good - for some reason it seems that the arm pendulum motion is needed for it to count. Which I guess makes sense, because otherwise you might be riding an elevator. Having the watch in front of your eyes, being "still" seemed to imitate that behavior. So now I do NOT look at the watch during the ascent, and I take an extra little tour at the top of roughly 10 meters before going down, taking a small tour there as well and then repeating the whole thing (those days when I need to add my floor count before going to bed - I know, it's pathetic Nerd)

• Hi, I'm usual to do some workouts through "floor climb" native app in my 945. Don't know if i miss some setting but it seems it doesn't count any floor climbed (please see picture below) is it only an issue of mine? what would Former Member says about? thanks a lot

• He’d probably tell you to load the recently released beta version