This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin FR945 asking me to pair almost everytime I use the watch, or asking to pair again the next day.

Garmin FR945 asking me to pair almost everytime I use the watch, or asking to pair again the next day.

Pretty much the subject sentence. I pair the watch, it works, uploads workouts etc. After a few hours or the next day, the watch will not get notifications and when I open the Garmin Connect App it will ask for pairing automatically, which I do and restart the process all over again. I tried resetting the watch to factory settings, deleting the app, re-paring (obviously), nothing works. I have a FR920XT which works flawlessly, as well as other Garmin products which also work,  so I know it's not the phone.

• Read other threads in the forum.

Find information relevant to your phone/OS - chances are it's already been discussed.

In future, search before you post.

• wow, such great help!! Amazing advice

• Glad you think so :-). Hopefully you'll have found what you're looking for. Might also pay to look in the Apps & Software threads too.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Exact same annoying issue here and didn't find any useful info in Forum (like forget the watch from BLE...). Any useful advice will be welcome.

• Some  more information would be helpful:

• Phone Model
    • Version of the Phone OS
    • Version of the GCM app
    • Version of your FR945 firmware

Meanwhile I would recommend to delete the FR945 entry on your phone from the Bluetooth device list, in case of Android it could also help to clear the Bluetooth cache (Settings - Apps - Bluetooth...).

Sometimes it also helped additionally to remove your watch from Garmin Connect, then delete the GCM app and then connect it in the GCM app as a new device to fix pairing issues.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to HUMODDA

• Iphone 8 plus

The second way seems to work for the moment. Thanks!

In fact the connect app re-asked to pair again so this issue is no resolve yet...