This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Series SW 4.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with ephemeris downloads over BLE which could cause units to experience slow GPS fix times.

Note: We understand that there are users who have reported decreased battery life since the 3.90 update. There is nothing in 4.00 that addresses this and we would first ask that anyone seeing this symptom perform a hard reset by holding the power button down until the device turns off before charging to 100% again. If this is not successful then you are experiencing an issue that we are actively investigating. 

• The phone that the watch is connected to is another variable amongst the user group.

• See the only issue I have here is that Garmin is confirming there's a problem (or at least confirming they're investing an issue they themselves have replicated) or else I'd say there are people incorrectly reporting issues. But then again, Garmin does not have a posting of "Known issues" per watch that's available for users to reference. They just create posts like this and leave it up to us to figure out what is going on. At least if they did give us a list of issues, people might not post as much here or better yet, report directly to them their watch is also having the problem, giving Garmin a larger pool of device ranges to cycle through.

As for issues, I am confirming here there are definitely FR 945's with battery issues within S/N ranges because that happened to me on my second 945 (which was a Rev C). Gave them my number, support confirmed mine was defective (I was getting 40% drain per day with no GPS with no CIQ apps of any kind). I didn't pay for shipping and got my current one a week later. My first (also a Rev A) had the stuck and unfunctional button problem (down button in my case). 

• or at least confirming they're investing an issue they themselves have replicated)

Have they actually said they've replicated it? 

an issue that we are actively investigating.

is not quite the same thing. Apologies for splitting hairs.

• Hi Former Member Did this also fix the multi-sport exercise load double counting issue?

• My first (also a Rev A) had the stuck and unfunctional button problem (down button in my case). 

Bought my Rev A April 30th (being replaced tomorrow as a matter of fact for a down button that started giving me trouble after seven months) and never had the excessive battery drain until 3.90.  If it was SN# or Rev related, I would have had the problem before.  I decided to do a hard reset after charging to 100% for the second time and now everything's back to normal.  No CIQ downloads other than two Garmin designed widgets.

• either way - sn related or not :-) - i've updated yesterday evening to 4.0, charged the watch to 100%, gave it a hard reset and changed the connect iq watch face (Infocal) i was using to a garmin standard one - and surprise - the battery drain dropped from 0.5x to 0.27%/h overnight. infocal was set up very basic - no seconds, no hr, black background and still...i think that was the source of the drain, although using the same watch face with older fw's had me positioned into the 0.3x %/h range drain. 

• Has anyone else’s alarm stopped working with the latest update?

• Hi, alarm stop working after a hard reset. Do you have performed a hard reset after the update ?

• After doing the update to 3.90 I had issues with GPS fix times and also, when trying to start the ´"respiration training" (is that what it is called?) the watch rebooted. After a hard reset everything seemed to be fixed but suddenly I experienced heavy battery drain which did not happen before the hard reset. I turned the watch off for 15 minutes and now everything seemed to be back to normal...

• Isn't it "LIGHT"'s button then "power off" to power off the watch or is there another way ?
    Thanks.