This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SW 4.00 & 3.90: Abnormal Heartbeat alarms during Indoor cycling

since 3.77 Beta and public release of FW 3.90 i get always abnormal Heartbeat alarms during indoor cycling, of course i only wear the FR945 because i record my activity with Edge 830 and FR945 don't count the intensity minutes as before!

my abnormal heartbet is set to 100bpm!

• Not directly related, but I did get a number of abnormal heartbeat alerts the day after I installed 3.77. Like you I have it set to 100bpm, and the chart suggests I was over 100bpm briefly, but I was only stripping and rebuilding laptops at the time.

• The abnormal alert should go off once your heart rate crosses that threshold when you are resting. it is possible that the recent changes have reduced the sensitivity so that it now goes off when moving around a bit - https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=va0Z5iDeIdADGfEdHKGYK7

It is possible that your movement on the bike is not enough to prevent the alert from occurring. There are also reports that OHR is not recording properly during 24/7 tracking when not in an activity. Obviously make sure you are wearing it properly but this might also be symptomatic of that too.

Contact Garmin support and report the issue. 

• The abnormal alert should go off once your heart rate crosses that threshold when you are resting. it is possible that the recent changes have reduced the sensitivity so that it now goes off when moving around a bit - https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=va0Z5iDeIdADGfEdHKGYK7

It is possible that your movement on the bike is not enough to prevent the alert from occurring. There are also reports that OHR is not recording properly during 24/7 tracking when not in an activity. Obviously make sure you are wearing it properly but this might also be symptomatic of that too.

Contact Garmin support and report the issue. 

it have worked fine with my old Fenix 5 and of course with my replaced FR945 and since FW 3.77 Beta/ FW 3.90 it started, so it's clear for me, that it is a bug by Garmin placed in the Firmware.

i reported it several times to the Beta Team, but with no response, thats the reason why i report it here!

i can't send it to Garmin Support because i am from austria and my support will handled in germany, the only thing they do is offering to replace the watch with RMA Tired face

it can only be fixed by Garmin US and i only can contact them here or with Beta emails, but they don't respond!

the wearing of my watch and the movements are still the same as before the firmware updates, so this couldn't be the problem!

• it looks like Garmin have done something in the Background, today no Abnormal Heartbeat Alarms during Indoor cycling and of course Intensity minutes are counting, great job, thx! 

• Same here, got an alert while indoor cycling on trainer when the watch was at my wrist relatively stationary. My workout was recorded on PC so the watch was not aware of this.

This is not a bug to me but something that Garmin did not think about, namely someone engage in a physical activity with stationary hands that is not recorded by the watch.

• Let's assume that they did think about it. How do you think they could even detect that with the sensors given?

• I don't think that there is a error free method.

That's why I started saying that it is not a bug in my view.

Let's call it an unusual way of using a sports watch, doing sports without recording it. 

• So just record the activity on the 945, and discard rather than saving the workout on the 830 to avoid duplication.

• Well I am talking Sufferfest and Zwift.

I prefer to ignore single alarm per workout. Not a big deal. 

• So just record the activity on the 945, and discard rather than saving the workout on the 830 to avoid duplication.

every time you do exactly this, the balance of your Training Load over Physio True Up goes wrong for sure, thats the next stupid developer thing, it's really not understandable that Garmin make great software but build in beginner bugs everywhere in their software!