This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I downgrade to the previous Bluetooth version?

I've been fighting with my watch constantly after the latest Bluetooth update (ANT/BLE/BT 4.30) last month with the phone connection disconnecting and not being able to re-pair the watch. Currently I'm watching the watch endlessly spin on "Initializing" or "Go to the mobile app to continue". This is after multiple reboots of the watch and phone, turning the bluetooth on the watch on/off. I've removed the watch from my phone's bluetooth list, removed it from Garmin Connect. If it does manage to pair and sync, it will randomly stop being connected to the phone while saying it is still connected, but none of the notifications get pasted thru and Garmin Connect can't sync. As well I've now had this issue with two different phones as I just got a Pixel 4 last week replacing my Pixel 2. Today when I forgot my Edge 530 at home I tried pairing all the sensors to the watch which couldn't find anything. My HR strap that it had previously been paired with only ended up connecting randomly 10 mins into my ride. All in all this has been super frustrating having a previously working device just get trashed after an update.  

So to my question, can I downgrade to the previous Bluetooth version. I never had any problems with the last one. 

• I think I have a similar problem which I posted...Maybe then it's the bluetooth update to blame? But I've been having my problems since 2-3 days ago only, not one month. In any case it would be useful to know if/how we can downgrade to the previous version.

• Same problem, watch upaired a week ago. Had hard time pairing again and only was successful after multiple attempts. This happened again in 2 days. Now since 3 days it is back to working ok. I have no clue if this is BT update or something with Android app.

• Same problem here,   On Android Pixel 2XL,  since going to BT 4.3 the watch is useless connecting to a phone. 

• Same problem with mine 945 and 530. Stupid Garmin. I have Garmin devices for 2000$ at home and they work as hell. HRM TRI disconnects from Edge 530 or 945, first 945 died in two days after purchase, Garmin Scale Index always show different numbers during one minute. Ox sensor on 945 is turned off because it shows stupid numbers (moon phases or index Dow Jones).

• After a Garmin Connect update a week ago, my FR 945 broke its pairing with my phone and now I cannot get it to connect. Tried every troubleshooting guide given. No luck. Really frustrating. All the links leading to BTstack issues with phones are not accurate. My phone can pair with every BT device at home but my Garmin FR945. This has put the brakes on my morning routine. Also with out a Sync connection the watch looses time when set manually - absolutely dumb.