This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Public Beta 3.77 is now available

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.77:

• Add Garmin Swim 2 Features: Advanced Swim Workouts, Auto rest, Critical Swim Speed, Swim Pacing Alerts
  • Added all-day respiration, respiration widget, and breathwork activity
  • Improved treadmill calibration
  • Added Pilates
  • Improvements to audio playback, audio apps
  • Fixed crash that could occur on activity save at high elevation
  • Fixed issue where sometimes heart rate and PulseOx data would not show when all-day PulseOx was enabled
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_377Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_377Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-330.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-330.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-270.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-430.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Good point, I did 1.44. 

will test it tomorrow in the gym again. 

• It’s also there with only one exercise, it’s then „Stunde“. They need to replace Stunde/n with Stück. But I think this is a GCM bug. 

• Well, I for one am looking forward to better emoji support. And from a developmenet point of view, it should be substantially easier than the other things that you're talking about (and that the watch wasn't advertised for when you bought it, so yeah, you must be really pissed off, that's unacceptable).

• I really wonder what you and I are doing differently. I'm not trying to say "you're doing it wrong," but my 945 (a Rev. D watch with one of the stock Garmin watchfaces) is doing great with the update. Is your watch a different hardware rev and maybe there's some difference there? Are you using a CIQ watch face that doesn't like the update? My battery consumption is the same as with the previous public release (roughly 0.4%/hr when not in activity) and even better when in the newly released airplane mode (0.1-0.2%/hr !).

For reference, mine currently says

Uptime: 3d:20:45:50

Low Power: 3d:19:10:14

GCM: 1d:11:29:20 (I've been using airplane mode a LOT since it came out with this update)

GPS: 00:35:08 (I've only had time for one short run since the update)

Backlight: 00:14:05 (mine is set to manual outside activity and one for a few seconds during activity if before/after sunrise/sunset -- I don't use it much)

I'm at 74% battery. In 3.9 days I've dropped 26%. So I'm averaging 6.7%/day or roughly 15 days on a charge (again, with minimal activity recording. with my normal levels of activity recording I expect shorter battery life than this).

To any Garmin dev reading this, I really like Airplane Mode and would like to see a way to schedule it to turn on automatically, like when I go to sleep and have no need for wireless connections, or any other regular custom time window when I don't want my watch to interrupt me from what I'm doing. Maybe even a setting to turn on for X amount of time (so I can activate it when going into a movie for 2.5 hrs so I don't have to remember to deactivate it when I get out).

• Good idea re automatic deactivation .. perhaps at the same time do-not-disturb is activated?

I'm glad to hear that your battery life is not impacted, the current version 3.30 really improved battery life, I'd hate to think that a future update would negate this.

• perhaps at the same time do-not-disturb is activated?

Most use the DND mode while sleeping.  The only downside to automatic deactivation during that time is it will prevent the watch from communicating with your phone and you'll lose DEM calibration when not in an activity since it does this during your sleep window.

• Former Member Please add Ski-Mountaineering as activity (you already have it in the Connect App, why not make a native activity). Cheers!

• Former Member please add Ski Mountaineering as activity (you already have it in Garmin Connect, why not make a native activity type as well). Would be much appreciated! (Ski Touring, Backcountry Skiing, Skimo as name for the activity would also be ok...)

• I just jumped on a treadmill for 2kms this morning in the Gym.
    First, the watch was spot on without calibration (did an outside run yesterday).
    After 2km I hit finish and the option to calibrate and save was there.

For my watch (Rev. D after RMA because of buttons and HR lense defective), calibration was solved with 3.3

• Am I the only one with this bug : since FW 3.77 every time I do an activity, the summary after pushing save shows an indoor bike activity with each time the same recovery time, same training status etc (always the same bike activity) no matter what I do (even when after a run or a swim)