This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Public Beta 3.77 is now available

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.77:

• Add Garmin Swim 2 Features: Advanced Swim Workouts, Auto rest, Critical Swim Speed, Swim Pacing Alerts
  • Added all-day respiration, respiration widget, and breathwork activity
  • Improved treadmill calibration
  • Added Pilates
  • Improvements to audio playback, audio apps
  • Fixed crash that could occur on activity save at high elevation
  • Fixed issue where sometimes heart rate and PulseOx data would not show when all-day PulseOx was enabled
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_377Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_377Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-330.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-330.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-270.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-430.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • After a treadmill (indoor) run, you can select save + calibrate when you scroll down before you push "save". It then asks you if you want to save now, the answer is appearently yes. After that, you can enter the distance you want to save.
    But:
    It will only change overall distance, not lap splits or pace splits in the fit file. In Strava, this is ignored, it will show the "original" distance.
    It should calibrate the watch somewhere in a data point you can't reach via UI.

• The battery drain is back. I'm right back to approx 30% drain per day with no changes on my end. Whatever is going on here, it makes no sense.

I like the inclusion of the Device usage widget, kind of a way to gauge power usage. Still, I said this somewhere before, but either the watch is lying about discharge to the user (meaning whatever it's visually showing the user is not actual) or it has physical problems (the actual battery). The software reporting can't validate the two correctly.

Here's an example which, for the record, this is on a brand new, Rev D RMA replacement I got earlier this week. Info from the device usage:

Software:3.77

Uptime:1d:01:15:xx

GCM:1d:01:14:xx

Low Power:23:42:57

Backlight:01:00:33

Battery as I write this: 65%

As you can, you see, nearly the entirety of my watch's usage is in the supposed "low power" mode against the uptime. As for the backlight, I always left it to gesture and 100% brightness on a 15-sec timer. I turned that down to 8 seconds for this test. It has NEVER been an issue before with my prior high-end watches. In fact my prior now over 2 years old 935 is set up in the same fashion and that watch doesn't get close to 50% battery life for at least 4 days.

It is around noon CST as I type this so, the watch has nearly depleted 40% with it no doubt going to be under 50% battery by the end of the day. This means I'm getting roughly three whole days of battery life on a watch predominately functioning in 24/7 mode and "low power," yet is massively draining battery life for it. No Pulse OX is running in any capacity. My watch is connected to GCM, which is running off a Samsung Note 10 Plus. I have done EVERY TYPE OF TROUBLESHOOTING POSSIBLE. There is no rock I have unturned here. Whatever you're going to recommend I do, I've done it already.

So you tell me Garmin, that's your widget reporting your internalized information, what possibly is going on? Is it incorrect? Is it correct? What are you doing about it? I mean, at this point, either the entire line 945 line broken or there is a gross bug in the system killing the battery life of these watches. 

• Sound like the battery drain I had with my watch until the 3.30 update. Have you tried reverting to 3.30 to see if the problem goes away? I assume your usage was okay until you installed 3.77, so I will be hesitant to update when this goes live.

• No, there is no such option to select calibrate for me. I can only save it, nothing else.

• You are right, I checked today. It’s missing. But I only had 10 minutes on the machine. Maybe there is a threshold we don't know? Something like 2 miles or such?
    please fill a bug report as stated in the beta download, I will do it too. 

• during my first indoor cycling without FR945 (only wearing) and recording the activity on Edge 830 i got 2 abnormal Heart Rate Alarms, on my second indoor cycling, more or less a FTP Test (4DP test of Sufferfest) i received again a Abnormal Heart Rate Alarm.

My Abnormal Heart Rate Alarm ist set to 100bpm

Intensity minutes don't count on FR945 during indoor cycling!

• The alarm doesnt surprise me. The watch sees no movement and thinks you are resting, but your HR rises above threshold.

I had some driving an ambulance car after I did a hard run an hour before duty began. Was sitting, moving not that much but a little bit stressed because you know how good drivers react to sirens :-D

• Did you run more than 1,5km? Thjnk I have read somewhere that the minimum distance to get the "calibrate &save" option is 1,5km. Not sure though.

• if you do over the past 7 day more breathing workouts, the last 7 day widget shows "6 Stunden" 1:01:02 breathing workouts, seems there is a wrong translation, the "6 Stunden" have to be replaced with something similar like "6 Breathing Exercises":