This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connection to Stryd and Polar H10 breaking down after 1 minute

Hi all!

Since the update to 3.30, my watch properly connects to my Stryd as a footpod and powermeter as well as the Polar H10 at the start of the workout, but after one minute the watch looses the connection to the powermeter and the heartrate monitor.

I have tried connecting via Bluetooth and Ant+. The problem Shows when the sensors are connected via Bluetooth only or via Bluetooth/Ant+. Today with only Ant+, the sensors didn't connect at all.

I have already reset the Stryd and checked the battery of the H10. They both work fine with my old 935, so the problem definitely is with the 945. 

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Philipp

• Hi Philipp,

i have the same combination, 945+stryd(4)+h10, with 3.30 on the 945. Gave it a quick spin (I had been using a different HR strap recently), and the connection held fine for me for 2.5min, when I stopped the test. For connection the only thing I use is Ant+. Your issue sounds like a problem for support, especially if you lose both connections at once that sounds like the watch is to blame (and not the connected devices).

Obviously you can try a few soft resety things first (which will probably also be the first instructions from support):

- Reboot the 945

- Connect your watch via Garmin Express to a PC and sync [sometimes some updates only come via Express, this makes sure you get all the updates in place].

- Remove all the sensors and add only one, see how it goes. Then try the other. Then try both.

- Soft-Reset the 945

Note that with Bluetooth connection the issue sometimes is that other devices can "grab" the sensor, which makes them unavailable for other devices (Bluetooth normally only allows one connection), so make sure you have *no* devices that speak bluetooth around (put your phone(s) into Flightmode, turn off other watches that might be around). Not sure how the H10 or the Stryd react if a bluetooth connection is made while they are being used via Ant+, that could disable the Ant+, but this is speculation on my end.

• Hi Fredderic!

Thanks for your help.

I tried to implement it: deleted all sensors and only reconnected the H10 for my run. I connected the Stryd to the 935 to record the run for Strava.

The H10 properly connected when I started the run. Interestingly, the watch connected to the Stryd also  - Stryd Power Zones showed values.After 1 and a half minute, the connection broke down, but today it reconnected after 4 minutes and staid for the rest of the run.

I seems that Stryd Power Zones automatically connects to the footpod without the need for a previous installation via the watch itself.

I have deleted Stryd Power Zones and will test tomorrow if this helps the stability of the Bluetooth connection of the H10.

Best

Philipp

• Hi. How did the problem finish?

• I’m thinking to buy H10, my teo last HRM Run fails early, amd I have astryd too
  • I"m using H10 with Garmin 945 every day with no issues at all. I have Stryd connected also for runs and Favero Assioma for bike sessions. H10 is my go to strap, comfortable and reliable.

• Hi,

in the end I had to contact custoerm support and got the unit swapped. Garmin was very quick with that. 

Since then no more problems :-)