This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch display cracked in front of me without external force.

My 945 is less than 20 days old. The screen cracked in front me when I was having dinner at my dinner table. There was no external force other than my fingers. Can’t believe the screen can be that fragile. I have 3 other Garmin over the years and never have one cracked even when I did abuse them during a workout. However, Garmin don’t believe it is a quality issue in this instance and refuse to do anything about it. I am sending it back to Garmin for a physical examination but interested to know what do you guys think about this issue and if you have encountered any similar issues. Thanks.

• I called them and told them. They replaced it for free. They tried to send me a non bundle one but I told them I bought the bundle because I liked the blue so they sent me one. I have to give them a deposit of about $150 that they sent back once they got my broke one. By the way it happened a second time and they made my pay $157 I think for a replacement. They were easy to work with. 

• Just a guess, I don't know anything. I wonder if a battery fault caused it, on laptops I've seen the batteries expand and put pressure on the case/keyboard, the battery here is obviously a lot smaller but it does look like a few of you have the crack in the same place.

• @Levon in your case there is just screen cover cracked as I can see. Just replace it..

...aaa sorry, 1 year ago old post Face palm‍♀️Blush

• I still appreciate the post :) 

However I didn't apply a screen cover, so it must the original screen that somehow got damaged like this :-/

Luckily it's on the side, and I've gotten used to it (though TBH, it does bug me a bit esp since I'm very careful with my stuff)