This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 System SW 3.30 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log System SW 3.30

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Improvements to phone and sensor connectivity
  • Improvements to headphone pairing, connectivity, and media player
  • Improvements/fixes for WiFi connectivity (fix for 0200 Error)
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Improvements/fixes for Spotify
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Fix blocky elevation issue
  • Fix potential device freeze on activity summary loop
  • Brought in treadmill calibration improvement. There is an additional issue with calibration that is being actively investigated for release
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Additional updates on the same Rollout schedule

Sensor Hub 2.70
ANT/BLE/BT 4.30

• Yes. Looks like 2 files are missing.  GUp3114 and GUp3303. those two are from beta 3.15 but might be different  than the 3.30 release version. 

• Well, ok 20->40% so maybe it's working then :D 

• Looks like I'm not in the 20 to 40%... This is beyond annoying now... Come on Garmin... 

• Relax, I'm not in it 40% either, but these growing% testify that FW is working ok. We have to wait and hope it will be this week. I have FR 945 ver D

• Neither am I, but this particular update is slow. This is the first time they've released updates in 20% intervals as far as I've seen. It's usually 20%-->50%--->100%. 

If this is a change that's being cautious with the update being correct over the beta, I'm personally okay with it, glad even. To me, it means they're being thorough with delivery AND making sure the beta bugs were addressed AND nothing new is cropping up that might be avoided. 

Pre-emptive care goes a long way in my eyes, and I hope this is the direction Garmin is taking.

• Agreed! 

I mean seriously, it's a bit like kids waiting for the latest Harry Potter book (yes yes, I know, old reference, the series has ended etc) .. the world's not going to end if someone has to wait a few days .. I'd rather have them do it right than rush out a product to the very people who are impatient now and who are then guaranteed to complain about it if it's not perfect :-/

• Just installed the update using Garmin Express. For some reason the Connect app didn't find the update when I tried that first. Oh well....

• I have the same problem with HR reading too low when cycling outside of activity mode. Also what is interesting is the discrepancy persists even with my chest HRM connected to the watch (but not recording in activity mode). Like you said there is no issue when the watch is recording in an activity. It seems the watch is in some kind of low power HR monitoring mode outside of an activity with the WHR or external HRM device.

• Is there supposed to be a cadence gauge data field as stated in the change log? I cannot seem to find it.

Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • you have to edit the field on your data page for the Activity to select the new data fields to show them.