This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 System SW 3.30 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log System SW 3.30

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Improvements to phone and sensor connectivity
  • Improvements to headphone pairing, connectivity, and media player
  • Improvements/fixes for WiFi connectivity (fix for 0200 Error)
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Improvements/fixes for Spotify
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Fix blocky elevation issue
  • Fix potential device freeze on activity summary loop
  • Brought in treadmill calibration improvement. There is an additional issue with calibration that is being actively investigated for release
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Additional updates on the same Rollout schedule

Sensor Hub 2.70
ANT/BLE/BT 4.30

• Not related to this firmware, but as we now getting PacePro. It's uphill effort seems to be still just too minor adjustment...

I took one trail run course to test it. Default is when I set pace 8:30, from 8:11 to 8:46, and then uphill effort to max ease, it's 8:03 to 8:57. This difference is laughable. Compared then if I put it pacing strategy to max positive, it's from 6:43 to 10:52. Which is more like the difference I would like also to see in the uphill effort. 

Nice feature, but for trail running it's absolutely useless with the current ability to set uphill effort easier.

• Shouldn't this 945 get breathing frequency? 

• I think its for normal runners, not trail runners. 

• it already has. Wear a chest strap when tracking an activity.

• But just allowing the uphill effort to change it more, it could be used both. I don't see why would you not allow that and let the user decide it.

• It has but requires the HRM strap.

• I can understand your request but these updates you have listed are quite a bit different than major device updates. These are dependent on device region, customer region, languages each user has installed, as well as other factors. There are far more variables in play when compared to system software updates and sensor hub updates. 

Again, this is logistical problems that may or may not be interdependent upon each other, but lining up your ducks might improve the chance they may be. For example, There's a bug fix here for:

Fix blocky elevation issue

Now, what if I had downloaded this SW update BEFORE I updated the maps? Is there a chance this might cause a problem? Perhaps it does and I report it. Had we seen a Map update before the SW update I could have avoided it. Maybe I get the SW update, get a problem, download the maps and now THAT causes a whole different problem. 

Garmin-Blake's comment was based on the "time zone", "maps" and "languages" updates you mentioned.  He is correct when he says these are regional updates and don't apply to all, nor are they part of software updates.  These would only show up when the watch is connected to Express and would only appear if it applied to said watch.  There's no way of emailing individuals and posting on the forum would lead to the forum being overwhelmed with "Am I suppose to get that?", or "Why haven't I got the update?" type post.  These small updates won't interfere with the software update.  For example, the blocked elevation issue is software related and has nothing to do with updating the maps.  It's an issue that existed regardless of what map region you're using or if you're using the latest or older maps.

• When can the rest of us expect to receive the firmware update?

• True, FR945 watch faces are not really as good

• And it could be Garmin won’t add any new watch faces. Making users buy the Fenix series instead.