This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wi-Fi connection problems

I have a new Forerunner 945 and am having difficulty getting a reliable Wi-Fi connection. This watch is actually a replacement I just received after returning one that had button problems. The old 945 didn't have any Wi-Fi problems, but the new one does. I added my Wi-Fi SSID using Garmin Express. When I select that SSID on the watch, the only option I'm presented is to update the password, even though the password was set in Garmin Express. So I update the password on the watch and it says the connection is successful, but when I go to the control menu and click on sync, it says no Wi-Fi networks are available.

I see there are numerous Wi-Fi problems being reported, but nothing suggested works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• I am having connect issues also. I have been trying to research what the problem is. It seems that it is not me. Is the only way to fix this is to send back and get a new one?

• Hi, I had (I think) the same problem. At first, I synced music all right, but later, on the same day, when I tried to sync Spotify again, I was asked to add a network. The only option for the network I'd used previously was to update the password and when I did that, I got the message "connection successful". But when I tried to download a playlist, the watch said "no known networks available". I went to settings (press Up button for a few seconds) -> WiFi -> Turn "ON". After that, the sync worked again without any further issues. I was playing around with the watch for a while earlier and must have turned the wifi off. 

Well, if the watch told me to turn the wifi on in the first place (and didn't pretend to have successfully connected to a new network with the wifi turned off in the settings), it would have saved me a lot of annoyance, but all's well that ends well. I am happy I don't have to send the watch back the day after I got it.

• hi guys, spent the whole day trying t synch up my FR 945....tried everything... even hard reset...

the only way I was able to synch was to use 2.4GHZ but mode 802.11g (g mode) not b/g/n
    after that change on my router, the 945 was able to synch via wifi and also able to synch spotify playlists....

regards!!!

• hi guys, spent the whole day trying t synch up my FR 945....tried everything... even hard reset...

the only way I was able to synch was to use 2.4GHZ but mode 802.11g (g mode) not b/g/n
    after that change on my router, the 945 was able to synch via wifi and also able to synch spotify playlists....

regards!!!

• This worked for me... they should update that error message to specify that the Wifi is off!

• I had the same issue, it appears RF945 ignores internal DNS and specifically used Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1:53 over UDP, so if your firewall and APRouter does not allow the watch will fail to connect. I almost understand the reasoning to hardcoding a device to use a specific DNS, but not to disclose this in the requirements is just bad form. 

• Had the exact same issue and no error code other than "No known networks found". Threw away my saved network in the FR945, changed the security in the router to WPA/WPA2 (had only WPA2 before). Connected to the "new" network in the FR945 and now it works.

• Same to me, FR945 (latest firmware 6.85) only works with 802.11g without b/g/n.

I have an Edge 530 that communicates smoothly with 802.11b/g/n modes.

, can you please fix this?

• Same (?) problem here: I cannot connect to WPA2/WPA3 or simply WPA2 network on 2.4Ghz.