This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

screen protectors for 945

Any recommendations for screen protectors for the 945? I've seen some posts from a few months ago which described products that didn't quite fit (perhaps not surprising since the watch had just been released).

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience/recommendations?

FWIW, I'm in the US - thanks.

• I don't think it is needed. The 945 has Gorilla glass compared to the 935 that has simple glass. Unless you make hard use (for example climbing, mountains), you don't need it. 

• My reason for buying it (apart from the fact that my main sport is indeed mountaineering and skyrunning) is to prevent scratches off the training time... while banging your watch on door handles, reaching for things stored in narrow spaces etc. If I had had a scratch and knew that I haven't done anything to prevent it, I would've been pissed. Slight smile

• "I don't think it is needed."

Given my past experience, I also didn't think it was needed (in fact there may be post somewhere here of me writing that).  After all I had the 230 for two years without a single scratch, and none of my other watches (sports or not) have been banged around/scratched up, I'm careful like that.

However, I managed to get this scratch somehow this past Sunday morning while I was volunteering at the Chicago Marathon at an aid station from 6:30 AM until 2 PM. All I did is line up and fill water cups and then hand them out to runners. I don't know how I got this scratch, I didn't bump into anything nor do anything 'rough'.

FWIW, I've been wearing this watch pretty much 24/7 since late May and ran the Berlin marathon with it a few weeks ago. I don't do any other sports than running. No scratches etc at all until Sunday morning. I am annoyed that I got this scratch and that I don't know how. However, I guess I'm lucky it's only along the bezel/non-functional part of the screen.

Given this disappointing experience, I am now looking for a screen protector. It's not a cheap watch.

• That's sort of what happened to me, I somehow got a scratch on int, except I'm not sure how it happened :-/

• Did you try to polish it? Similar thing happened to my Suunto Trainer when I was working out with kettlebells, and that watch had crappy polyamide screen. I just put a small amount of toothpaste (like a grain of rice small) and rubbed it in circular motion using fine cloth for good 10 minutes. Scratch disappeared completely, but then again, it was 100% plastic screen and not gorilla glass.

But, if you're feeling courageous...

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php

• No, I haven't tried anything like that. Worried about making it worse.

I first tried to rub this away as I was convinced it was some sort of smudge/surface adhesion as I am very careful with the watch and hadn't bumped into anything.  Then realized, nope, it's a real scratch :-/