Record on 945 or edge 810?

I've had a garmin edge on my bike for years and recently got a 945 watch for triathlons. My question is when I go for a ride only, should I switch to recording on the watch and just use the 810 as a head unit? Does the newer watch provide more accurate data than the older unit or is it all the same?

Parents
  • I record on both whilst cycling, but once finished I discard the Edge recording and save the one from the FR945.

The physio true-up between the devices is still only partial, so saving all runs/swims/rides from one device gives the best results.

Using the Edge as a dumb remote display isn't as good as the above method either, since you can't use as many fields and can't use Edge specific CIQ fields.

This way I get the bigger screen in an easier to view position, but get all the data goodness of a single device setup.

• I record on both whilst cycling, but once finished I discard the Edge recording and save the one from the FR945.

The physio true-up between the devices is still only partial, so saving all runs/swims/rides from one device gives the best results.

Using the Edge as a dumb remote display isn't as good as the above method either, since you can't use as many fields and can't use Edge specific CIQ fields.

This way I get the bigger screen in an easier to view position, but get all the data goodness of a single device setup.

Children