This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't pair my FR 945 with iPhone 6 or iPhone 11 Pro Max

I just bought my new iPhone 11 Pro Max with is on IOS 13.1.1 I couldn't. pair with my phone when trying to pair my FR 945 says download GCM for the best experience. GCM is on my phone off course. So i tried re-pairing it with the old phone 6 plus which is on IOS 12.4.1. Got he same result. Tried the same with my Edge 520 plus, which connects flawless.
So it is definitely the FR 945.
Tried everything, re-install GCM, Switching off watch and phone but no connection. In Bluetooth stetting phone Edge is listed now but FR 945 is not.

Any one a solution?

• Garmin helpdesk?! Hope you would bother to reply as my brand new 945 refuses to sync with the iphone in spite of all the "recommended"steps being taken....

• This sounds like the current bug with Garmin Connect.  What works for me is to go to settings-bluetooth and delete the stored pairing with the watch, and then go back to Garmin Connect and pair the watch again through the app. That works for me until the next update of Garmin Connect, when I have to repeat the process.

It worked fine until about three weeks ago. Maybe Garmin will fix it some day ...

• I don't think this is a Garmin Connect specific bug. I had similar issues with all Fitbit watches I had (Surge, Ionic) and it was the same with the FR 945... I accepted it as a way this just works:

initial pairing only properly works through the app by the fitness watch maker.

Maybe it sometimes works without, but in my experience you're better off doing the pairing in-app (inside Garmin Connect).
    I had a iphone 6 with the Fitbits and have an 11 Pro now with the FR 945, so it should be a comparable experience.