This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Beta SW 3.08 is now available!

Download here

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.08:

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Improvements to headphone pairing and media player
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Various other fixes/improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_308Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_308Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-280.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-280.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-250.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-360.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Btw Garmin Connect says my Watch is running on 3.8.0.0 - in the Activity-Summary, but should be 3.08, as also the Info on the Watch says.

• no, everything ok, use Stryd Power Zones!

• hmm, I too. 

OK,  i rebooted to watch one again and will monitor the issue 

• Backlight gesture during activity is not working for me. Outside activity it's set to after sunset, that works fine. During activity is also set to after sunset, but that doesn't work. 

• I have had the exact same experience. Since the swimOHR update, normal OHR has been unreliable.

• Is there any information what "Various other fixes/improvements" contains? I really would like to see the bugs fixed first, then implement more functions.

• Same issue here, can't get the running pod to capture data with this version of firmware

• ~OHR measurements in daily activity tracking are haywire on my device on the beta, which is affecting all activity.

~RHR looks like a Geiger counter during an earthquake daily jumping and falling 10bpm almost on the nose. This has only occurred since the beta.

~Alarms go off whenever they want now and have to "set time with GPS" after every recharge since there's something with charging it that messes it up.

~Watch gets stuck at Loading maps after charging the watch and syncing over Garmin Express (Windows 10). The device is irrelevant here as I am getting the same problem between different laptops (Replaced my old laptop for the new in the last five days). I have to do a hard reset every time to get the watch working (and then subsequently set my time with GPS so the alarms work again).

~Battery consumption is erratic as I lose approx 40% battery after 24 hours in predominately 24/7 tracking with one tracked workout (No GPS). I do not use Pulse Ox, do not have Garmin pay set up, I am not using music, and I work out using a chest strap. Battery widgets, though, are telling me a different story as it is gauging, based on usage between 0.260-0.275%, for total usage of 6.25-7%/day. I get this regardless to the widget I am using (currently https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1643a8ec-cc25-4757-9c1e-31b9211b47a3

Either A)The widget(s) are not privy to specific internal information B)The device is incorrectly reporting battery levels out to widgets and C) The device is graphically incorrect across the spectrum in regards to stating battery life and usage. 

Please do something about this already. I already sent info to the team and got no response (again). I understand they don't answer every email, but my watch has devolved into being just a thing that tells time.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 2goBeyond
    RHR looks like a Geiger counter during an earthquake

I think you meant a seismograph.  A Geiger counter measures radiation.  Relaxed