This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Beta SW 3.08 is now available!

Download here

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.08:

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Improvements to headphone pairing and media player
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Various other fixes/improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_308Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_308Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-280.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-280.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-250.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-360.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • I am testing it for two days and WHR seems better a lot for daily mode - there HR is more real and there are no HR peaks I had on 2.80

• Have you tried cycling? In my experience WHR is way off when cycling and not starting an activity. I’m wondering if my rev.A watch is to blame and I should look for a replacement under warranty.

• This is not a problem.  he watch will still sync and charge correctly even though the firmware is new than the release.  I never have a problem when I do this.

• Wrist based heart rate has never worked well for cycling. There are just too many vibrations coming through the handlebars and interfering with the pulse signal. I think you would experience the same problem no matter what brand or model of sports watch you tried. 

• When I start a cycling activity WHR is as good as it can be when cycling. The problem is the all-day tracking completely misses the elevated heart rate, every single time. When starting the cycling activity after 10 minutes or so the OHR immediately jumps from 80-90 to 130-140. The heart rate sensor in the 945 is pretty good at tracking cycling, it’s the all day tracking that’s lacking. In my experience.

My years old Fitbit Charge 2 is much better at all-day tracking than my FR945 and that is saying much. It wouldn’t be a problem if the majority of the Garmin ecosystem wasn’t build around the all-day tracking (stress score, body battery, move iq, intensity minutes, etc.).

I have reported this problem multiple times, got no response from Garmin. There are a few other threads with info from multiple users on this problem, without a response from Garmin. I really hope this will be fixed soon!

• Definitely a bug. Shame as dark nights approach. Worked fine in summer!

• Same for me, i revert to 2.80

• For me also doesn't work automatically.

• I am loving 3.08! Both pods on my Runscribe show up now, my Jaybird X3 headphones have no more dropouts!

I am having no issues with battery life. Sticking with 2 data fields, that's all these old eyes are good for :)

OHR is a funny thing, for me the 945 is great for multiple sports and has been great from day one. OTOH, my 935 was terrible and I could never use its OHR for anything.

• Backlight issues "in bed" continue and are weird. I woke up at 1am and then noticed my watch was lighting up when I moved around, even though I assumed it was on Do Not Disturb as it was before the 3.08 install. I also then saw my original problem, moving away from the watch face to widgets turned off the backlight and visa versa. I manually enabled Do Not Disturb and the problem stopped.

I then, as I was awake and annoyed at this point, hunted through the menus and found that the During Sleep option under Do Not Disturb had been reverted to off. Turned this back on and will see what happens one more night.