This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Beta SW 3.08 is now available!

Download here

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.08:

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Improvements to headphone pairing and media player
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Various other fixes/improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_308Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_308Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-280.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-280.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-250.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-360.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Might require a update of Garmin Connect via the App-Store first. Worked for me out of the box (once the firmware was updated).

• Anyone with this firmware and running pod working? Mine has stopped working after the update. I deleted it and synced again and doesn't work (I rebooted too). It connects but no data (TCS, % ratio, etc) is shown.

• stryd foot pod works fine (Pace, Power)

• Will PacePro work in Triathlon mode?  I don’t see how to activate this.  

• i don't think this will work in triathlon mode...

• Excellent news seeing the sensor management updates here ! Hopefully wont need to keep rebooting to connect to them!

• Well, this zapped my battery to zero in about 3 hours. Couldn't believe it!

• Installed with no issues.

I then kept getting "Spotify" content expired messages - so I went into Spotify and did and "update downloads"

After the update from Spotify - all my screens wore blank - either completely white - or white with black strip on top or on bottom (dependent on scroll direction)

The only menu button that worked was the widgets - so I went in and powered down the watch - and started it again.

Trying to update content in Spotify again - has not given the same error.

• It will work, but you'll have to push some buttons in the beginning of the run. While in run mode push to get menu, scroll down to training, than to PacePro plans and select the one you want. Probably ok for a 70.3 or longer.

Edit: As informed by babraham76, this procedure doesn't work on triathlon mode, as training mode does not show.

• After charging, do a hard reset (Hold down the Light button for 15 seconds). It should/could fix any erroneous battery issues. Also, update any CIQ apps. They won't be optimized for the beta, but any new update is going to function better than a prior one with new(ish) code. 

Worst case, step it back to the live and report the issues to the team. I'm personally not getting a massive drain, but I am getting a higher drain Vs. The live update (it's a couple of tenths of a percent higher) now.

If their goal was to reduce battery drain with the beta, it hasn't done that, and to be honest, that's not probably going to happen with the 945. Optimization can only go so far. The 945 has a lot of things under the hood, and its battery was just too small to handle it.