Active Calories are completely broken on 2.80

I just passed 3k steps (in one hour of constant movement) for the day in normal 24/7 mode with the watch reading my HR over 80 bpm (and as high was 97bpm) the whole time. I only have 91 active calories and nearly 1200 resting. It seems nothing I do can legitimately get the watch to count calories as active. Wasn't like this before 2.80. Already done hard resets; nothing is fixing it.

Already reported to the team. Yet again, with an update, Garmin borked Calorie counts. 

Parents
  • Like all other algorithms on the watch it's not worth the LEDs its turned on.  

My BMR is still 1800-2000 per day which is a joke considering it's the 'same' whether I sit on the couch and drink beer for 2 weeks or run 100mpw for months.  10 different bmr calculators would give me 10 different numbers 

As for active calories - also a bloody guess.  Faulty HR sensors aside, it's really just a guess.  I can do a workout on a treadmill for instance and have 1 calorie number from garmin 945, another from the treadmill, another from zwift, another from strava and so on.  None of them are accurate.  

• Like all other algorithms on the watch it's not worth the LEDs its turned on.  

My BMR is still 1800-2000 per day which is a joke considering it's the 'same' whether I sit on the couch and drink beer for 2 weeks or run 100mpw for months.  10 different bmr calculators would give me 10 different numbers 

As for active calories - also a bloody guess.  Faulty HR sensors aside, it's really just a guess.  I can do a workout on a treadmill for instance and have 1 calorie number from garmin 945, another from the treadmill, another from zwift, another from strava and so on.  None of them are accurate.  

Children